Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

M/C solenoid

V

vietvet

:confused:confused:confusedon an E4ME carb, if i have 11.6 volts at the wire to the m/c solenoid, can i assume the solenoid is bad if it is not cycleing????????? vietvet

No, the M/C solenoid is ground actuated. The ground wire from the ECM cycles the solenoid. Battery voltage remains constant.
Mike

thanks stingray for the reply. all i am trying to do is see if the m/c selonoid is bad. carb quit cycleing when key is turned on and it has a rough idle. can i purposely ground it to see if it is working???????? vietvet

Jump terminals A & B on the aldl connector under the ashtray. That will put it in field service mode and should constantly cycle the solenoid.Mike

i did what you suggested and it will click one time and then nothing. it will click each time i touch the terminals but not a continueoes cycle. is the ecm bad????????? vietvet

i did what you suggested and it will click one time and then nothing. it will click each time i touch the terminals but not a continueoes cycle. is the ecm bad????????? vietvet

From past experience I will say it's the solenoid but the only way to be sure it to check it with a noid light. If it is the ECM it will be a quad driver failure and the check engine light will be flashing an ECM failure code.Mike

m/c solenoid

What was the outcome? I'm now having the same problem.:confused

You can also check the M/C solenoid signal from inside the car when driving. My solenoid quites within 5 minutes. Installed the ecm in other 81 same problem. Changed ecm, still same problem. Now have a new prom on order.

Greetings Peter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

What was the outcome? I'm now having the same problem.:confused
from what I've read it seems the connector is backwards on some vettes.
If you bridge the terminals at the wrong end of the connector it will click once. The correct terminals can be identified by a slot in the connector that would make them easier to bridge. This will also start the check engine light flashing any codes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom