Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

M/T Buyer's guide info

LMN8R

Corvette
1998 Black Coupe
The Motor Trend Buyer's Guide has a small blurb on the C6. It states that the estimated weight will be 3150 lbs, the engine will be a 5.7 liter 425 hp (est), and that it'll have front and side airbags. The engine will have VVT, and a rear-mounted manual 6 speed or automatic 6-speed (the Dave Hill interview said it would be an automatic 4-speed). It said the the future Z06 replacement may approach 500 horses.

More of the same info: longer wheelbase, shorter overhangs, exposed headlights. Coupe first, then convertible, with Z06 coming later.

The picture that they use is one of the Dunne photos.

--Greg

I thought I remembered Hill saying that VVT wouldn't be used because of the unfavorable change in exhaust note.

Leon

I don't think MT is right about this one. We will see in 4 months or less anyway. I have a feeling the 6 spd Auto is a couple years off, plus the 4spd Auto in the Vette is perfectly fine right now.

;stupid Yeah.......what he says!

There is a Dave Hill interview that you can download from one of the other threads in this forum where he says that the C6 will have a 4-speed auto. I think that it is 'fine' as well, but I wish they would at least put in a 5 speed auto or a sequential manual for those who want that type of tranny. I personally will always have a manual tranny in my Corvette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom