Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

MAF sensor on '90 L98 engine?

D

DHOUGHTON

90 MAF Sensor. Where is it?
Also the order of the vacuum lines on plenum?

Thats all.

Marathoner

I don't think 1990 came with a MAF... I think 89 was the last year until 1994 when they came on Vette's again

Vettelt193 said:
I don't think 1990 came with a MAF... I think 89 was the last year until 1994 when they came on Vette's again

Correct 1990 did not have the MAF sensor.

DHOUGHTON, which vacuum lines are you refering to ont he Plenum?

the 2 little ones it will not matter if they are reversed.. the bigger one is for the MAP sensor

Thanks for clearing that up. But what about Vacuum hoses?

On the 90 does MAF stand for
MANUFACTURER ACTUALLY FORGOT ?

Thanks

MARATHONER

MAP SENSOR Vacuum hose.

I presume it goes in the center of three spots in the plenum since that is where it seems to reach easiest. The map sensor I presume is the little black box that bolts onto the plenum.
I know "GET A SERVICE MANUAL".

MAP SENSOR sounds more like a navigational device. Lets see, where did I put the map?

Thanks,
MARATHONER

Re: MAP SENSOR Vacuum hose.

DHOUGHTON said:
I presume it goes in the center of three spots in the plenum since that is where it seems to reach easiest. The map sensor I presume is the little black box that bolts onto the plenum.
I know "GET A SERVICE MANUAL".

MAP SENSOR sounds more like a navigational device. Lets see, where did I put the map?

Thanks,
MARATHONER

The MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) is that little black box. the Vacuum line for it should be a little bigger in DIA compared to the other ones.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom