Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

MagnaFlow Exhaust

69/99

Corvette
1969 coupe, 1999 convertible, 2018 Z06
I have been researching various exhaust systems for my 99 c5 and have recently come accross a system from MagnaFlow. I see that it has been recently posted for reviews by memebers, but as of now has no reviews yet. I went onto their web site and the system seems to be impressive, especially the billet aluminum name plate connector. I was wondering if there are any members out there that have installed this system and if they could share their experience with me regarding quality, sound, performance and price.

I am also considering a Magnaflow exhaust. Has anyone seen any reviews for this product or used one on their C5?

Matt

Magnaflow

There was an ariticle in the, I believe, June issue of either Vette or Corvette fever. The whole catback system, including the x pipe, added about 15-20 hp at the rear wheels from about 4000 to 6000 rpm. Also, the article said the sound was not louder, but a lower rumble at idle.

On the basis of the article I ordered the x-pipe and the cat backs. Found the workmanship to be excellent. High polished stainless. A friend has a rack (and knows a bunch more about installation than I know). We took off the stock system and installed the Magnaflow in about 2 hours. Everything fit just right, the system is tight and the exhaust tips level and centered.
I don't know what the hp increase is because I didn't do a before and after dyno test but my seat of the pants sensor says that I'm a little quicker in first and 2nd gear (I have an auto trannie). The sound is just right.

Installed the MagnaFlow Exhaust and X pipe over the weekend in an A4 Coupe. As Veldey said install went very smoothly, fit & finish are great. System with X pipe is smooth but on the quite side. Only complaint is the resonance between 1000 rpms and 1500 rpms.

Magnaflow exhaust

99 Sebring Silver is right....re the interior resonance at 1000 to about 2000 rpm. Otherwise it is a fairly quiet system. According to the article the db's are actually less, at cruise, than the stock muffler. However, I have found that with mileage (I have about 500 miles on the new exhaust) the system is becoming louder with harder throttle. I'll have a chance to hear it at WOT this weekend in an autocross. And, am getting some burbbling when the foot is off the throttle. This is nit picking, however. I lilke the system and would really not want a louder exhaust for street driving. :pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom