Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Maine bans performance exhausts??

Huh?

Look, flat out, my son went to school in Maine for a few years and I could just about do tours and if you look real careful at my transcripts it has some USM stuff on it.

Please don't tell me that in the west they don't drive the ATV's on the road or the snow-mo-burbles.

I know what I saw soooooo many times. Additionally I was not being critical. I kind of thought it was cool.

So what is your problem? Yeah, Joisey sucks but then we all hang our hats where the heck we can work and make a living. In the words of an old timer in Millinocket that stuck with me as being real true ... "yeah, that mill smells like schizz, but it smells like bread and butter to me".

Maine? Being in ... er ... a certain part of government I had on a few occasions the pleasure of calling a few "Offices of The State of Maine". I was greeted by Joisey accents each time. Nah, the job fair and free market of the 70's was long gone.

And, don't worry, if I did come up there I can assure you that it would not be with "my Joisey ways".

I hate lawyers. I like, not love, just like guns. I don't much care for money. ;squint:

It's true that in the mountain/Aroostook and outline areas you occasionally see snowmobiles run down to the local store for fuel or to pick up trails.Seasoned LEO's won't bother much.

Not all people from "away" are bad .We have an advisory board for our company and one of the members I selected is from Massachusetts .
The issue is some (a lot) have an arrogant overbearing attitude .We See a big difference on Southerners vs Yankees .

The new exhaust /noise law is nothing more than a rehash of whats already on the books.

Let's keep on topic. We're getting close to the EDGE.:D

When you read the letter from the MSP, that is who they are aiming for. Not necessarily Harley, but as the Lt. put it, something like .. "if you don't attract attention you have nothing to worry about" .. check out the letter, I found it with a "Google" search.

It's probably something like, you have a guy with a "T-Bucket" and twice a year he drives it into town for an afternoon show. Probably won't get nailed. If he drives it every Friday night up and down Main Street.

There was some talk that the SP waited outside a show and nailed folks as they came out for the real loud exhaust. True or false, I don't have a clue.

Like my first post, the Corvair forum was right but wrong. Watch what you say about Corvair in my presence, it is a trigger point. My high school car was a Bill Thomas "blow through" turbo that put out about 200 horses and in 1966 that was not a bad number. :)

Does a vague law stand a chance in court? ;squint:

We all need to understand that it is a relatively free country and freedom does not mean "Yeah, free for all food fight".

Bye all. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom