Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Makes me sick!

V

vetfever

I've been on the road this morning........ I see more and more of these beat up old chevys ( Z28s, Camaros, Impalas and Caprices ) now starting to wear a C5 badge on the front quarter panel. I admit, it is a good looking emblem, but that's like putting a Ferrari nameplate on the back of a Nissan 280zx. It just hurts to see the emblem used in that way. Any of you noticed that lately?

D

dmkoger

Thats like the idiots who slap an "M3" or M5" badge on their Beamers, or "AMG" on their low-end Mercedes. Anyone who knows cars can tell the difference.

R

RalleyRed

Hey guys, I'd look at as a compliment. They know their not fooling anybody.

It's just their way of showing the world that that wish they were driving a Vette.

This is like a guy for wearing a pro football team jeresy.

That's how I look at it anyway.

Rick

B

BBB454

I think it's pretty silly too, but if they buy them I don't care what they do with them. However, I wonder if they're buying them or just taking them off C5s?

When I had my Charger, the front emblem was stolen twice... :(

Barb :w

V

vetfever

Thanks for putting a positive spin on this Rick. I guess I was being a little proud of myself this morning. BBB454, you have a good point..... I drive a C4, haven't seen those around yet, so I guess I don't have to worry. I think I just figured out my disgust! I want a C5 one day soon and I don't like the fact that they are wearing the emblem before I do.

R

RalleyRed

:beer

Now if their stealing them like Barb brought up(I didn't even think about that)

Well then:r 'em all

R

rph b/b 01

I had both front & back emblems stolen off my '01 C5 the day before I bought it, yes at the dealership. Needless to say they relaced the emblems but I had to wait an extra day :(

V

vetteZ06dream

theyre all just jealous of the amazing amazingness of vettes

Grumpy

Corvette
2002 Pewter Coupe
saw a pickup truck with C5 emblem front and rear... wife says that maybe his other car ia a Corvette... I say he's posing...

danl72

Corvette
2008 C6 Coupe
I have seen a cople of cars like that, and when I pull up beside them in my Vette their mouths drop because it is the real thing. It gives me a big smile as I pull away.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom