Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Man Accidentally Plows Corvette Into Taqueria Restaurant

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Man Accidentally Plows Corvette Into Taqueria Restaurant

Updated: Jan 21, 2009 08:34 PM EST

Related Video: VetteTube - Corvette Videos, Corvette Crashes, Corvette Burnouts, Corvette Racing

CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - Customers at a local Taqueria had their lunch cut short when a car slammed into the main entrance Wednesday afternoon.

The accident happened around 1:00 p.m. at the El Alteno restaurant on Ayers Street across from Del Mar College.

The car that ran into the restaurant was a Corvette Stingray from about 1966. The owner told police the throttle or accelerator got stuck as he was pulling in, sending him about a foot inside the entrance of the restaurant.

The doorway now remains out-of-service, however, the restaurant has another one for its customers so it will remain open.

Officers said the 39-year-old driver had recently had back surgery and was transported to the hospital to be checked out. No one else was injured, but the loud noise and flying glass frightened the customers inside.

"We were sitting in the corner, and it was just really a loud, loud noise. We didn't know what it was. We thought something was coming in through the building, and that's what it turned out to be," customer Minerva Rodriguez said.

"I'm just glad nobody was hurt. It scared us," another customer, Rosie Ortiz, said.

The damage will likely be expensive, but repairs can be made, however, that may not be the same case for the Corvette.

Online Reporter: Bart Bedsole

Try 1969, just from the side Louvres and exhaust reliefs in the back valance.

That would be my guess.

Cheers

Richard

Seeing the damage to the car made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom