Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Manually unlocked my c7 doors battery is dead and now I can't close the doors, is there anyway to close the doors?

Smellender

My battery was almost dead on my C7 ZO6. I plugged in the battery tender the center console. I closed the doors. A bit later, I tried to open the doors and now the car was totally dead so I got in thru the hatch and manually unlocked both doors. Now I can't close either door because the windows are all the way up and hitting the A pillar. Is there anyway to manually put the windows down and close the doors or do I just need to keep the battery tender plugged into the trunk until it charges the battery. Tried to jump the car with no success either? Any ideas?

You're only option is to either replace the battery, or jump the car to start it. If you're going to jump it, have the other car connected to your Corvette for at least five minutes prior to trying to start it.

Keep in mind, once the battery charge decreases to a certain level, you're not going to be able to do much with it, and the battery tender that comes with the car will not be enough to revive it.

That's why it's very important that if you park your C7 Corvette for longer than a week and half, you really need to have a battery tender connected to the car.

Thank you for your advice

used a jump box today and started the vehicle. Some engineering flaws I guess with the vehicle. Thank you again

used a jump box today and started the vehicle. Some engineering flaws I guess with the vehicle. Thank you again

What engineering flaws?

There is a high electrical load on Corvette due to all the computing systems. I believe it states in the owners manual to use a Battery Tender.

What engineering flaws?

There is a high electrical load on Corvette due to all the computing systems. I believe it states in the owners manual to use a Battery Tender.

It isn't just Vettes,,,, my XK8 suffers from the same problem so it lives on a battery tender jr whenever it sits for more than a week. Too many electronics stay active even in shut down mode. On the other hand, my F350 diesel can sit for two months and start right up.

It isn't just Vettes,,,, my XK8 suffers from the same problem so it lives on a battery tender jr whenever it sits for more than a week. Too many electronics stay active even in shut down mode. On the other hand, my F350 diesel can sit for two months and start right up.

Virtually all modern cars need tenders if they're going to sit.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom