Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: manuals

badd74cv

Corvette
1974 black stingray coupe
I'am looking for a AIM manual for my 1974 corvette stingray also assembly , shop manuals also need wiring diagram for am/fm radio installation I'am putting back the original am/fm radio the person b/4 me screwed it all up wires taped everywhere Any help wiil be aprec;help

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum and into the proper C3 discussion forum...

The AIM is the assembly manual. The shop manual should also include the wiring diagrams.
should be able to find both on eBay, or from any corvette parts supplier.

Factory service manual will also help,it is what was used by the dealers.
Thanks AIM was how the factory built the corvettes.
Both are very good references.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

If you are not familar with the assembly manual, the first half is made up of drawings for a base vehicle and the back half is made up of drawings for the installation of the options that was available at the time your car was built. The option sheets are labeled by the option code, which will be found in the lower right hand corner of the sheet. The option code for your radio should be U69. Using the assembly manual, you can check to see if you have all the pieces to re-install the radio.

The shop manual, along with the wiring diagram, will have instructions on removal of the radio. Just reverse the steps for radio removal to re-install your radio,

Lectric Limited will have replacement wiring harness for the speakers and will also have the repair plugs for the power to the radio.

You will need to exercise caution with the center instrument cluster. The corners of the cluster trim bezel right above the gauges is fragile and can be easily broken.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom