Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

masks and dirt.

B

blueslady

i heard masks get dirt under them, and may ruin the paint. are they recommended????:w ;) :D :) :s :J

[opinion on]

Personally, I wouldn't use them. Dirt can get trapped under them and as the car is moving over time from driving, that dirt can act like sandpaper underneath and gradually eat away at the clear coat/paint over time. Just my two cents....

[opinion off]

covers

I agree with Rob, any abrasive that gets between your paint and another surface will act like sandpaper. This includes flapping 'car-bras' and car covers on vehicles outside in the breeze.
I drive my car everywhere, road chips happen...but if you stay far enough back from traffic, it doesn't happen very often. Personally, I feel I get more chips on the 'hips' of the 78 from its own front tires, than anywhere else.
Silver

If you are worried about stone chips, there is a product which is an invisible protectant called 3M Scotchcal Paint Protection Film. It works much the same as window tint and can be moulded to any part of the car.

Barbie

Ms Kiss said:
If you are worried about stone chips, there is a product which is an invisible protectant called 3M Scotchcal Paint Protection Film. It works much the same as window tint and can be moulded to any part of the car.

Barbie

I've used a similar product availble from Ecklers. It's pre-cut plastic that is molded to the fenders/front end of your particular car. Just spray some soapy water on the car where you want to apply the film and squegie the water out from under the film.

The stuff works great till you hit 95 or so.:D

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom