Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Matching Numbers

• Thread starter Thread starter mneubert
  • Start date Start date
M

mneubert

Hello,

I'm new to corvettes and bought a 74 a little over a year ago. I don't have the money anymore to fix it up and I'm trying to sell it. I was thinking it would sell better if I knew if it had matching numbers but I'm not even sure what all that means completely. Could someone please explain also where to look to see if I have the originally engine and transmission because I bought it unaware.

Thank you,
Michael
mthomasneubert@yahoo.com

Sorry to hear you going to sell your Vette. First thing is the block numbers. They are located on the flat pad on the right front of the block. There are 2 set of numbers; 1 will give the codes for month/year/man.plant/model of vehicle. 2 will be the serial number of the vehicle. So if the serial numbers match the block came with the vehicle.

Getting the part #s and any code numbers from the trans. Check them to see if they match. Someone else here can tell witch numbers match for your Vette.

Hope this helps in some way.

Gary

SAVE the WAVE

Here's what to look for. The pad is on the block at the front of the right head. You might have to scrunge away some road gook to see the numbers.

Early cars:
DSC06443.jpg

Later years:
wes013.jpg

Good luck

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom