Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

matching numbers ?

manager16150

OK I now have the car and have taken pictures of the motor stamping.
to me it looks good but would like input from others.
it is a 1972 454 with air and auto
the numbers do match the vin and title
thanks
Mike

I have not checked the trans. # yet
I did have a better picture but the site would not load due to size the numbers read
CSS 12S516623
I will also try for better picture

Little difficult to see the numbers but from here it looks fine. Probably more appropriate for someone who owns an early 70's vette to chime in and say for sure. Is the training numbers matching as well?

Without the new vehicle inspection procedure checklist filled out by the original selling dealer at the time of arrival how would one know what the correct transmission number would have been? Casting numbers do not tell the complete story about the transmission.
I believe that this inspection procedure checklist has been done since the 60’s and maybe earlier.
Link to my checklist and other original documents that came with my car:
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff238/bmotojoe/CORVETTE%20DOCUMENTS/
Brian

Without the new vehicle inspection procedure checklist filled out by the original selling dealer at the time of arrival how would one know what the correct transmission number would have been? Casting numbers do not tell the complete story about the transmission.
The VIN is stamped on the transmission, same as on the block.

Can you post a better picture? I see enough already to cast some measure of doubt.

-Funny oblique machining marks
-Size of font in engine machine code

Here's what my 72 LT-1 car looks like:

combinedsmall.jpg

It's two pictures stitched together, but you can see how the numbers are stamped and how the block is machined. This motor has never been touched.

Can you post a better picture? I see enough already to cast some measure of doubt.

-Funny oblique machining marks
-Size of font in engine machine code

I agree. The oblique machine marks are highly suspicious. A better picture from a straight on view without an angle would be helpful.

Gary

I agree. We need a better picture. Can't honestly see what we've got here. That or post the numbers.
:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom