Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Maxie Price Chevrolet in GA - Deal or No Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gobmcdeeusa

Maxie Price Chevrolet in GA - Deal or No Deal?

Hi guys,

I was looking at Vett's at the above dealership a week ago and had this experience. I spent maybe an hour with a guy looking at the vettes and I asked if he would do a deal of 500 over invoice and he immediately said yes. I thought Wow! This might actually be doable. When I spoke to him later in the week about my trade I described my car as a 2006 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0 Si with 5K miles on it and in excellent condition. The KBB shows my cars trade-in value at $36,775. I told him I wanted to get at least 38K for it expecting that maybe he would say 35K or 36K but they actually came back with a whapping 30K. I was so incensed and angry and felt completely insulted. Granted, they have not seen the car but I told them that they would not find anything wrong with the car and it was in EXCELLENT condition. The guy said that KBB is notoriously incorrect and you cannot go by those figures and that only the Manager's secret information is correct. Is this BS or what? I think I should go to another dealership pronto and not deal with these guys at all. What do you think? If I cannot find any dealer willing to give me at least the KBB figure I guess my hopes of ever owning a Vette anytime soon will be over. I have never felt this way when dealing with Honda or BMW. Maybe I should just keep the BMW as the only thing I don't really like is the ride which is a tad stiff. I like all else fairly well. I was just thinking it might be nice to have a little more compliant ride of the Vette if I didn't loose too much money in the process.

In general, you can expect to get wholesale on your trade. They may jack up the trade value, but then get it back on the price of the car you are buying. I have read that you should negotiate four things separately: sales price, trade value, financing, and "back end" (warranty, etc). Do not allow them to be bundled, as that is often how extra profit is packaged in. Just my $0.02.

Sounds like a dealer playing hardball.You did the best thing by walking out the door.If they have your phone number they will be calling you begging you to come back in.Just keep walking out until they give you what you want.

Sell your car private party if at all possible. Trade ins are just another way the dealership makes money and that will always be at your expense.

Your price for new $500 over invoice may a fair deal .But unless your going to sell your BMW outright you probibly won't get much more than wholesale.

I'll post the same answer as I did on the other forum: I'd drive a Ford before I'd buy a car from Maxie Price. They took deposits on Z06's from lots of folks, and then delivered the cars to those who paid premiums prices when they came in - never offering a car to those who still had deposits at the dealership. I've heard many similar stories about them over the years.
They were tossed as a supporting dealer by another Forum.;LOL

I did talk with Reliable (one of our sponsors ) you might be able to buy at invoice or a little lower and have it drop shipped or museum del. for $500 or less.

I did talk with Reliable (one of our sponsors ) you might be able to buy at invoice or a little lower and have it drop shipped or museum del. for $500 or less.

Sounds good. Who is the dealer?

DRTH VTR has posted for you.I've never bought from them but it sounded good to me .After all a Vett is Vett and a buck is a buck $$

I thought dealers used the NADA book for pricing?

The dealer has to make a buck (and they are entitled to ) when taking in a trade. The real price they pay for a trade is always wholesale pricing. Sometimes they are able to make a consumer feel better buy showing on paper there giving more for the trade but the truth is the additional money they show for the trade is actually in the car they are selling buy not discounting it.

Go to a dealer and make a deal on a car at 500 over ,then bring a trade into the deal they can only offer wholesale for it, you shouldn't be offended

The difference between what you can sell the car for and what the dealer is offering you it the cost of connivance on not having to sell the car privately, Not having to worry about strangers at the house, not having to worry about bad checks,bogus certified checks tire kickers, people just looking to kill a day and take a ride in your car

Well you get the idea,

Best of luck with it

Also dont know how it works in your state but the trade lessens your tax liability

So an example

Purchase price of car 50,000.00 x 8% tax = $4000.00 tax

Purchase price of car 50,000.00 less trade in 25,000.00=25,000.00 cost of new car

New car purchase price 25,000.00 x 8% tax = $2000.00 you would pay in tax so with the tax savings in this example you would actually be getting an addtional 2000.00 saving because of the trade

The KBB means nothing to a dealer, most use the Galves book. Its a small pocket book thats published every week.

The values listed are WAY lower than everything else.

Galves should die!!

Hi guys,

I was looking at Vett's at the above dealership a week ago and had this experience. I spent maybe an hour with a guy looking at the vettes and I asked if he would do a deal of 500 over invoice and he immediately said yes. I thought Wow! This might actually be doable. When I spoke to him later in the week about my trade I described my car as a 2006 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0 Si with 5K miles on it and in excellent condition. The KBB shows my cars trade-in value at $36,775. I told him I wanted to get at least 38K for it expecting that maybe he would say 35K or 36K but they actually came back with a whapping 30K. I was so incensed and angry and felt completely insulted. Granted, they have not seen the car but I told them that they would not find anything wrong with the car and it was in EXCELLENT condition. The guy said that KBB is notoriously incorrect and you cannot go by those figures and that only the Manager's secret information is correct. Is this BS or what? I think I should go to another dealership pronto and not deal with these guys at all. What do you think? If I cannot find any dealer willing to give me at least the KBB figure I guess my hopes of ever owning a Vette anytime soon will be over. I have never felt this way when dealing with Honda or BMW. Maybe I should just keep the BMW as the only thing I don't really like is the ride which is a tad stiff. I like all else fairly well. I was just thinking it might be nice to have a little more compliant ride of the Vette if I didn't loose too much money in the process.

Even though they may not be in your state, I highly suggest checking out the Dealers that advertise here at the Corvette Action Center:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/partners/index.php/cat/15

For the most part here in Sunny FL.... the Florida new car dealers go right to a web site that shows what vehicles are bringing at the local car auctions...more specifically, your trade... then they try to screw you with that 'lil black book'...basiclly by the time they are done determining a trade value, you feel like you have been driving junk!!

Weekly selling figures are posted by the auto auction companies and this is what these 'jerk' dealers usually work with for trade values...total rip off as they then turn around and want full retail price for the vehicle they are trying to sell you...go figure!! ;shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom