Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! Maxie Price Chevy in Loganville Ga. - SHYSTERS!!!!

vette_man62

Corvette
1998 Silver Coupe
WARNING...this dealership is totally full of CRAP!!!!

I do not understand why such a large dealership is so inattentive to customer complaints!!! I bought a 1998 Corvette on New Year’s Eve. I drove all the way from NC to pick up the car after being told by both the sales person (Chris Garland) and the sales manager (Kevin) that the car has just gotten out of service and was pristine and in perfect working order. Well when I got to the Dealership it was late and they were getting ready to close...so they rushed me through the buying process (I PAID CASH FOR THE CAR) and it was out the door. I mentioned to Chris Garland that the oil pressure gauge was not working and that the remote locks were not working as well. He said to change the battery in the remote and if that did not fix it, he would mail me another. Well on my way home (after the Dealership was closed) I noticed the automatic climate control did not work, the passenger side window would not work, the oil pressure gauge did not work, and the tire pressure sensor warning was going off. I have called the dealership numerous times and I am told someone will call me back...but they have not. I have emailed numerous times...not response. I guess Maxie Jr. just doesn't care about customer service or doing the right thing. I am sure his father would have known the integrity of when you tell a customer the car checks out...the car INDEED checks out!!! I was willing to return the car for repairs or to get a refund...but again...no response. BEWARE...once this dealership have your money in hand...you can totally forget getting anything else from them. I own my own business here in hickory and I am seriously considering purchasing a billboard near Maxie Price Chevy to warn the public just what kind of business practices they conduct. BUYERS BEWARE THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS!!! :mad :mad :mad

I think you are giving SR too much credit. Sounds like the same kind I've been hearing about them for many, many years. I wonder why they are still in business.

Well somebody did something right at some point in time to be as successful as they are...either that, or they have just screwed everyone in the freaking country lol
Which is probably the case.

With all that has been written about Maxie on CAC and CF for over a decade, I don't know why anyone would darken their doors.

Just wish I had know that before I dropped my money on the car. I have called Chevrolet Corporate and am in the process of being assigned a Complaint Manager...the lady that was helping me did contact Maxie Price and spoke to the sales manager that lied to me...and I have also lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully at the very least that lieing internet sales manager Chris Garland and the Sales Manager Kevin Jefferies will get fired LOL
We will see!

UPDATE...
Just contacted Elliot Outdoor Advertising and Great Outdoor Advertising about getting a billboard in as close Proximity as possible to Maxie Price Chevrolet. I want everyone to know what kind of business practices these people conduct. I am in the process of putting together the content...something like "MAXIE PRICE CHEVROLET... UNSCRUPULOUS SALES TACTICS AND SELLERS OF THE BEST LEMONS MONEY CAN BUY - BUYERS BEWARE!!!" If you have any suggestions...please let me know!

Welcome back. Glad to see you found something to share, but sorry to hear it regards poor treatment by a Corvette dealer.
Hope you can get some degree of satisfaction.
:wJane Ann

Glad to be back and I appreciate the warm welcome! I too hope to get an amicable resolve soon.
Thanks again.

UPDATE...
Just contacted Elliot Outdoor Advertising and Great Outdoor Advertising about getting a billboard in as close Proximity as possible to Maxie Price Chevrolet. I want everyone to know what kind of business practices these people conduct. I am in the process of putting together the content...something like "MAXIE PRICE CHEVROLET... UNSCRUPULOUS SALES TACTICS AND SELLERS OF THE BEST LEMONS MONEY CAN BUY - BUYERS BEWARE!!!" If you have any suggestions...please let me know!

If you're paying for your billboard by the letter (or word), how about:

"Maxie Price Chevrolet = 'Minnie' Integrity & Customer Service" ;)

I sincerely hope it all works out for you! I know what it's like to battle with unscrupulous GM dealers (a story too long for this thread...)!

If you get a billboard Maxie will take legal action. They will lose, but you will spend a ton of money and lots of time defending the board in a state where you don't reside. I've seen it happen before. Remember Maxie has lawyers on retainer waiting to do something. They would love to make it about a billboard attacking them, and not about them.

Go the consumer protection route first, including the Georgia AG, who has LOTS of experience with MP.

Hi timfitz,
That was a catchy phrase! You may have won the contest LMAO. Good point about battling GM dealers though...although I have gotten a General manager, two service managers, and a service tech fired in the past for stupidity! At this point, it is more about the principle of the matter...not about the money or time. I have both and intend on running it up their a**es until they squeal like the dirty pigs they are!

Hi timfitz,
That was a catchy phrase! You may have won the contest LMAO. Good point about battling GM dealers though...although I have gotten a General manager, two service managers, and a service tech fired in the past for stupidity! At this point, it is more about the principle of the matter...not about the money or time. I have both and intend on running it up their a**es until they squeal like the dirty pigs they are!

My pleasure. Before you launch the billboard campaign, though, it would be prudent to take pause and consider the wisdom of what "catbert" is saying -- whether or not you have the resources to meet and defeat the inevitable legal backlash from Maxie & Co. It might even be worth a drive back up there so you can complain in person. After all: you say you've got the time...

My point there is this: I don't dispute that they're handling your complaint poorly (at best). However, it's easy for Maxie & Co. to ignore someone's e-mails and phone calls, but hard to ignore an irate customer when he's standing right there in the showroom with a broken vehicle just outside the door (assuming you can limp it back up there to them)... And their other potential customers get the benefit of the show too, if you catch my drift... ;)

Either way, good luck!

I am vettemans wife....
I am responding to this because he said that he got some people fired from Chevy dealerships...when in fact it was ME that raised holy hell and got people fired over a Camaro POS and a Montana POS in TWO different states. I have told him that we need to let things take a course before we do too much more. PLEASE help reiterate this to him...LOL I have already made arrangements to go back Saturday and deal with things in person myself. I have no intention of letting anyone screw over my husband. I am prepared to go down there and pitch a fit in the showroom and they really do not have any clue who they are dealing with at this point. They will consider themselves lucky if I am generous enough to let them buy it back and reimburse me for my expenses so far....they will consider themselves very lucky by the time I am done...you dont screw over a woman .... it never ends well.....

timfitz,
i appreciate your wisdom and advice. My wife has decided to visit the dealership and pitch a fit...she is very effective at doing this for sure. We will see what good this does in front of their customers! Thanks for the good advice!

I am vettemans wife....
I am responding to this because he said that he got some people fired from Chevy dealerships...when in fact it was ME that raised holy hell and got people fired over a Camaro POS and a Montana POS in TWO different states. I have told him that we need to let things take a course before we do too much more. PLEASE help reiterate this to him...LOL I have already made arrangements to go back Saturday and deal with things in person myself. I have no intention of letting anyone screw over my husband. I am prepared to go down there and pitch a fit in the showroom and they really do not have any clue who they are dealing with at this point. They will consider themselves lucky if I am generous enough to let them buy it back and reimburse me for my expenses so far....they will consider themselves very lucky by the time I am done...you dont screw over a woman .... it never ends well.....

I love it, I love it, I love it. It's a bad idea to piss off a Tar Heal gal. Let us know how it turns out.

:thumb:thumb:thumb

I love it, I love it, I love it. It's a bad idea to piss off a Tar Heal gal. Let us know how it turns out.

:thumb:thumb:thumb

vetteman's wife here.....

you are absolutley right, I dont take bullshit from anyone...esp someone that that is trying to screw over someone that I care about. For me that is the bottom line, I have 20 years with this man, and I have never let anyone screw him over and be damned if I start now. I try not to be your typical redneck bitchy, but I think this totally warrants that attitude.
I will, or he will, definately let you know how things go Saturday. I am so over this whole deal. They will wish they never met me. :mad

timfitz,
i appreciate your wisdom and advice. My wife has decided to visit the dealership and pitch a fit...she is very effective at doing this for sure. We will see what good this does in front of their customers! Thanks for the good advice!

Again, my pleasure. Hope the spectacle gets results! If I were closer to Loganville, I'd come down there myself to root you guys on!

To Mrs. "vette_man62:" Go get 'em, girl! Given your feistiness, I'm not sure whether I should end my post there out of fearful respect; or based on your unwavering devotion to your husband, dare to inquire whether you've got any single sisters...? ;)

maxie price

Is this first VETTE you bought ??? PAY with your credit cards,recourse file complaint with C C Card co. bring someone who knows bout VETTES. never accept a RUSH JOB>> PURCHASED my 00 Coupe fron COFFEES CORVETTES OLD FORGE PA.drove vette on several occassions !!!:happyanim: :w :v

Welcome and I'm sorry for the situation. . .

timfitz,

You know, dealerships are just a window of the company. I have used Bryner Chevrolet In Jenkintown PA for many years. They picked up all of the other car lines dropped by GM when they came out of bankruptcy, so they work Chevrolet, Buick Cadillac and Pontiac and Oldsmobile. Now they are so good at what they do that they will do anything possible to satisfy the customer. Even if it means costing them money. They have been doing the state inspection and the annual oil change on my 2003 50th. Anniversary coupe for all the years I've owned her.

I have a 2007 Pontiac had a very complex problem with the engine not starting when cold. I won't waste your time, but in came down to the dealership 'Corvette' technician and the 'Shop foreman' working on the Pontiac after everybody had left. It took quite awhile, but it came down the build-up of deposits in the intake valves from Using regular gasoline instead of what the car called for which was 91 octane. They ran a chemical through the engine and it took a few hours, but the car was 75% repaired, and I now have to use 93 octane and a bottle of Chevron/Techron. with each fill up, and will have to do this for a year or so. Until the valves are fully clean. But it not the instance that they had a customer who had a problem and I was treated just like someone who came in for some warranty work or someone who came in for an oil change.

Cost to me? $0.00 they said why don't I pay for the rental car and they'll pay for the technicians time and work & parts. Sounded good to me and that is what happened, but more importantly they will do what-ever it takes. They have a very intense gentleman who's sole job is "Customer Satisfaction". And when you get a "customer satisfaction survey" from General Motor Company, they want you to be able to say, 'Completely Satisfied' and they don't want anyone who bought a car or are just in for warranty work of just in fro a repair job, the want you to completely satisfied. Now I must tell you that this Chevrolet company and selling Chevrolet's since 1923, and they are the single owner, the Peterson family owns everything on the lot or anything you want to order and since they pay everything themselves, there isn't any GM licensee fees or any kind of semi or duel ownership or any thing like that. They pay for everything. So if you have a problem, no matter how complex or time intensive, they don't want anyone going home unless they are completely satisfied.

So what I'm saying that since the company General Motors Company, came out of bankruptcy, Chevrolet and Bryner Chevrolet are on the same level and that is they both want the opinion of all new and future customers has to be completely satisfied. And down her we had four or five dealership who were run so bad I refused to go to them and then one day seven years age a friend told to look up Bryner Chevrolet and see if I was satisfied with them. Well that was the best thing I have happened to me. And despite them being thirty five miles from here is really not a big deal for me because I know I'm getting what I am paying for. If you use a dealership like I do, THe Pontiac is still under GMPP warranty so they always will get my warranty work and my regular serving oil changes and such.

I had dealers on my mind today because I recently ordered a new car. The "SHYSTERS" in the subject field caught my eye. Man what a freakin' horror story about Maxie Price Chevrolet.

I am so glad I've bought my last four Chevrolets from Tom Henry Chevrolet in Bakerstown PA.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom