Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Meguiars rocks

billybob - that is a very nice improvement to the hood, but I just wanted to point one thing out to you...as I was reading over your list of products and your application method, I noticed that you are using the cleaner wax and then the polish (I am assuming that this is the Meguiar's 3 step process). Save yourself some body aches - the use of the cleaner wax is actually as if you were repeating the use of the polish. In other words, the polish that you are applying following the cleaner wax is actually removing the cleanerwax that you just spent the time/energy applying.

Cleaner waxes are typically intended as one step products for those individuals that are looking for a quick polish and wax in one step. It sounds like you are willing to place the time/effort into this car using single purpose products, so I just did not want to see you wasting your time and energy by back-tracking with the polish on top of the cleaner wax.

Detailing certainly is alot of work, but it's also very rewarding. Good luck.:D

I hadn't used anything but hand cleaning,polishing ans waxing on the '95 until this weekend. I've used the orbital on my wifes truck, and its done a real good job of not leaving any swirls. After talking to someone at the meguire's help line last week and looking at their RX results for the vette and her new truck(wrong order) I tryed switching from the deep crystal polish to the show car glaze. I really like it, its not a huge difference but definitely noticable. The big "chance this weekend was using the orbital with the deep crystal cleaner to get the small amount of swirl that the previous owner got in the paint. After staring for quite a while and looking for the swirl I would have to conclude that it did a much better job on the swirl than my hand work(I think I'm blind from the relection of the sun now though) :)

hi, my name is Sam, and i am an addict.

i hand wax. gee, she's got so much paint. can't believe it. she's got more body than a "plus-size" strip club. well i love it. and for me there is nothing but maguires. i know nothing else. i too have red. and 25 year old red is quite a challenge.
it's definitley worth the price. i would be wasting my money to go with any other brand, so why not spend the $$$ on her.
the best thing that maguires ever made was that Quick Detailer spray. it's addictive, i can't get enough of that. it's like a drug for my car.
rehab is for quitters!

Thanks guys, I may actually go get an orbital to give the car a real deep once over.

And heres one for 1DOWN6TOGO.....But then back to hand waxing, as I love the smooth silky lines, the ample yet strong form, caressing her is almost hypnotic... oh wait lost myself there for a second :)

RubyDropTop, seriously?? It was part of a 3 step process what I noticed after the polish was that the color looked deeper, but this could have been me just working more of the oxidization out of it.

Bill :L

billybob - yes, seriously. (would I lie to you? :gap ) There is nothing wrong with the 3 part system that you are using; the paint cleaner then polish then wax is fine...the cleaner wax is counterproductive. If you were seeing an improvement with the use of the cleaner wax (which I'm sure that you were) what you were witnessing was the combination of abrasives and the wax. By then using the paint cleaner (step 1) you are removing the wax and are continuing to use an abrasive. Step 2 is the polish, and that is an abrasive as well. You will notice that step 3 is a "pure" wax and not a cleaner wax - the difference being that a "pure" wax contains no abrasives. You would have already used the abrasives in both the paint cleaner and polish. I hope that I'm making sense when trying to explain this.

Your application method is up to you, I was just trying to save you some time and energy. :)

RubyDropTop,

Make perfect sence actually, well at least now My polish will go further :)

Bill

Maguires

Billybob
Looks real good. But with orbitals I'm with you. Unless you know how to control them you can eat through your paint edges real quick and then :mad you'll wanna kick your own :duh @@@e.
Cheers

I hand wax. I have a buffer but I find that I like to feel the results. I have used Meguires and still have some. Right now I'm using a product called Ibiz and liking it a lot. I use the detailer on my crome wheels and it's great.:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom