Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Meguires cleaner wax

C3L81

Corvette
1981 White vette 24k mi
Im curious if anyone has tried meguires cleaner wax. Its supposed to remove contaminants and Polish at the same time. I picked up a bottle today, plan on washing, Claying and then using the wax. Should I not bother claying? I plan to anyways, but if this stuff works as good as I hear it does it might not be neccesary. Thanks

I'm not familiar with this Meguiar's product, but I'd highly recommend claybarring the car, anyway. It doesn't take long and provides the perfect base for wax or polish. I do it regularly to both of our Corvettes.

Let us know how you like the cleaner wax.

Elaine

I been using Meguiar's products and after clay barring the car I would either use their NXT wax or a coat of their #7 polish with a top coat of their #26 wax. Both will give you a great shine. By the way your 81 looks great.

C3L81 said:
Im curious if anyone has tried meguires cleaner wax. Its supposed to remove contaminants and Polish at the same time. I picked up a bottle today, plan on washing, Claying and then using the wax. Should I not bother claying? I plan to anyways, but if this stuff works as good as I hear it does it might not be neccesary. Thanks

Personally, Meguiars is all I use... I have used that polish and had really great results with it.. Meguiars has a full line of products for your cars finish but as far as an all in one , this in my opinion is a great product.
Of course asking this question is like asking what kind of motor oil is best , you will get about a million different answers... This polish is easy on and easy off and if a fly tries to land on it , it will bust its butt..
Good enough for me !

Wax

Randy,

I usually use Meguires and like it because it is easy. I have tried all of them and some seem better than others....guess it is all a matter of opinion. Joe

:beer :drink :naughty:

Thanks for the info guys. Hey Joe, when do you plan to start going up to mentor? Mid Aprilish? Supposed to be nice here thursday, plan on spending the day with the L81 By the time im done she will shine.

Mentor

Randy,

I just took the 73 up to the store for milk....any excuse :L. Finally cleared up a couple of hours ago. I will have to check when the K-Mart thing is starting and also the 50's diner Annabells right down the street. I think spring is just about here...looking forword to hooking up.

:beer

Yeah to bad its a drive for me, we could have a few beers sometime and cruise together. I have a feeling I will see you a bunch of times this year though. 40 min is not to bad. :beer

Im ready

You will have to come up and stay in Eastlake one weekend. We will be able to tip a few and you won't have to worry about driving home. I have a wife and an 11 year old... and I will get granny to watch my daughter overnight and try to drag my wife out to cruise

:beer

Yaboo!! Finally a product that does what it says! I bought this product because my friend told me it would take the crap out of my spoiler. I laughed at him, because after multiple clay bar's it was still embeded in there. Well guess what, I washed her, then clay barred, then washed again and it had no effect on my spoiler. Once I dried her I broke out the polish. One swipe on the spoiler with the polish and applicator and presto! I was bloody amazed how well this product worked. My friend was right! My spoiler now looks like it did 20 years ago and it removed all the hard to get spots on my hood that clay bar has been doing **** about. The shine isnt super like most recomended waxes, but its good enough for what it did. It ssuper easy to use you just put it on in small amounts over the complete car, and then wipe it off when dry, not a piece at a time! 5 dollars a bottle? I just went and bought 3 more. Im sorry, i know I will get flack from the clay bar guys, but to HELL with it. This stuff has worked better in one try then 20 total clay bar experiences and all different brands. I will never clay again. If this stuff can get the contaminents out of my spoiler that has been embeded in there for who knows how long with one swipe it will work for anything you have, I promise.

Haha your the man joe! I would love to stay up there one weekend, but I have two little ones myself and thats easier said then done. We will most surely get together though!

Know what you mean

I know the feeling. We had our daughter late when I was 37....wasn't expecting that one. She is 11 now and though I lover her dearly im counting down the years....im not as patient as I was when I was younger and I like everything a certain way!!!:ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom