Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Merry Christmas

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
Its my Christmas morning today - my car is finally done! We just got back from a short (and frightening) trip. Hubby was putting it through the paces. I admit I did close my eyes a few times LOL. So the new speedo stopped working so I have no idea how really fast it was going when we went on the highway. There seems to be a vacuum leak, at least that's what I think it is and the timing needs some adjustment. Oh and of course 2.4 miles into it we pulled over and my husband looked under the hood and then the car wouldn't start so my oldest had to come jump us.

Anyway, I think the car is awesome and once the few bugs are worked out I will drive it as long as I can. I still have a big smile on my face :)

Congrats Lori! It must be a great feeling after all the time and effort you and your husband have put into it. You'll get the bugs worked out soon and then there'll be no stopping you!!

:wJane Ann

Awesome!

After following your hubby's trials and tribulations with your car, I'm sure he's every bit as excited to be almost done with your car as you are! ;LOL

:thumb Jason

Congrats

Its my Christmas morning today - my car is finally done! ....Anyway, I think the car is awesome and once the few bugs are worked out I will drive it as long as I can. I still have a big smile on my face :)

Awesome Lori... great to hear you finally have her on the road. Now you'll need to get one of those cool speedometers that Andre (Evolution1980) and Bud (Yoda) discussed and in a recent post (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=923684&postcount=24).
- so you'll know how fast you're going!
:lou

Ralph

:thumb:thumb

way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just like a kid on Christmas morning,Huh???!!!!!:cool:cool

Awesome Lori... great to hear you finally have her on the road. Now you'll need to get one of those cool speedometers that Andre (Evolution1980) and Bud (Yoda) discussed and in a recent post (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=923684&postcount=24).
- so you'll know how fast you're going!
:lou

Ralph

Thanks all it is so awesome to just see the car out in the drive way. I am sure my husband is THRILLED to have it done :) . We even got our 1st wave of 2008 today!

I have one of those speedometers that goes up to 140 (?) - a friend came across one in his travels and gave it to me.

Thank you for all your support! :w

I am very excited for you, Lori! What a long, awesome trip this has been! :upthumbs

SAVE THE :w

Hey, MERRY CHRISTMAS Lori! Enjoy driving it for as long as the weather holds out. It's been beautiful for the past couple of days and is supposed to stay that way for awhile, so it looks like there might be a few "sick days" at your job this week. Here's a wave :w from the south shore.
All we need now is a youtube video of you and your big grin driving it :thumb!
Andy :w

It is so cool to have her running again. I had to order some new ARP bolts for the intake manifold, the stainless ones keep loosening up so it sprayed anti freeze all over the place. So a quick trip with the 10 year old today so he can have his first ride. I will post photos soon. I will try for a video but honestly I have never taken a video from my digital camera and posted it anywhere. Can it can be uploaded to utube?

It is so cool to have her running again. I had to order some new ARP bolts for the intake manifold, the stainless ones keep loosening up so it sprayed anti freeze all over the place. So a quick trip with the 10 year old today so he can have his first ride. I will post photos soon. I will try for a video but honestly I have never taken a video from my digital camera and posted it anywhere. Can it can be uploaded to utube?
You have to be a registered youtube member to post videos.
Andy :w

How about posting the video on our sister site: Vette Tube?

SAVE THE :w

Lori,

What great news! And what a great time of year to be taking long cruises, especially in our gorgeous New England area!! Enjoy it all.

Elaine

Great news, Lori!!! That's awesome! All you had to say (and you did) was that your smile was still on your face:L:thumb, and we all knew what you meant.

GerryLP:cool

Its still good. I took the boy for a ride yesterday and even though I had to swallow my pride and get a jumpstart from 2 guys in a Ford Truck. There is some issue with the timing and once that is fixed I should be good to go and I think a sick day is in my future :)

Congratulations Lori. I'm so happy and excited for you. I know what that feeling is like. Great news and we expect some pics soon.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom