Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Met Chris, Mark, and the SC580 today

How about Sweet Home Chicago!!! :beer

Yes, the seat adjusts with ease. It is a 6-way power slider for both side, with pass airbag sensor and heat in each

And I saw they are Reutter Carosserie-Werke,

I still wonder why there is not more sales in Germany with the German injection of Recaro, Eibach and the leather.

( Germans are too chauvinist probably )

Nothing like good old Texas warm weather, good friends and fine cars to bring out the best in all. Brandon, I will visit my daughter in Frisco and bring my automatic!!! Thanks for the pictures and the story. I still think we need to start a game of "Where's Chris".

:upthumbs Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I'll PM you my phone #.

I'm going to have to work on my manual transmission learning. I have a friend with a worn out Honda Civic that will let me practice on it, so I better take him up on it. I doubt it will feel the same though--it'll probably feel like the Mini Cooper. From my limited experiences in driving difficult manual cars (02 Camaro SS, 05 Corvette, 05 GTO, and now the 08 Callaway) they were all about as difficult. The car I had the MOST trouble on was an 05 Cadillac CTS. The clutch pedal was so lightweight, I couldn't ever figure out where it would engage the transmission, and giving it a little gas and easing off the clutch would stall it immediately. Very confusing. :confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalJim
Nothing like good old Texas warm weather, good friends and fine cars to bring out the best in all. Brandon, I will visit my daughter in Frisco and bring my automatic!!! Thanks for the pictures and the story. I still think we need to start a game of "Where's Chris".

Brandon you lucky guy, I am very jealous now :bash

:D I hope you write a full report with some hi-res pics.

Jim , you should catch up with Mark D (showview) too, he has been in The Netherlands for his work too, ( not lived here, just trips )
and Frank ( boostedmaxpsi ) I would love to see a picture of the 2 yellow SNATS together.

I'm going to have to work on my manual transmission learning. I have a friend with a worn out Honda Civic that will let me practice on it, so I better take him up on it. I doubt it will feel the same though--it'll probably feel like the Mini Cooper. From my limited experiences in driving difficult manual cars (02 Camaro SS, 05 Corvette, 05 GTO, and now the 08 Callaway) they were all about as difficult. The car I had the MOST trouble on was an 05 Cadillac CTS. The clutch pedal was so lightweight, I couldn't ever figure out where it would engage the transmission, and giving it a little gas and easing off the clutch would stall it immediately. Very confusing. :confused

BRANDON, DON'T BE SO EASY ON THE GAS!
GIVE IT A LOT MORE GAS!
IF THE TIRES BRAKE LOOSE, THAT IS JUST PART OF THE FUN.
:lou

:D I hope you write a full report with some hi-res pics.

Me? Take pictures? I don't know what you're talking about. :gap

GIVE IT A LOT MORE GAS!

LOL you are probably a blast to ride with John. "70 MPH SPEED LIMIT? NO WAY, MY LIMIT'S A LOT HIGHER THAN THAT!" ;LOL

Nothing at all, I'm just saying you're probably a fun guy to ride with because you drive well and FAST I bet. :lou :)

GIVE IT A LOT MORE GAS!
:lou

...no kidding. I will say that after I swapped seats with Brandon and took off, he seemed impressed with my driving skills :cool

The lambo dealer reminded me of a McDonalds. Too much color :W

I couldn't ever figure out where it would engage the transmission, and giving it a little gas and easing off the clutch would stall it immediately. Very confusing. :confused

...C6 clutches are some of the easiest! I can let it out and it will move before I need to really give it gas. It is so easy! Fun, are some older cars. The C6 is REFINED :thumb

Overall, it was a fun time and experience 'til I emasculated myself behind the wheel. :ugh So embarrassed...

Oh no! Having to perform a Chinese firedrill at a stoplight is not the way to go, dude. Turn in your man card! :D

lol well, you did shift pretty well. You know, it's weird that I can't drive a manual car all that well. My mom is a natural, and my dad isn't too shabby either.

...:L McDonalds...

Here's some pics from inside:

n18800375_33361922_380.jpg

My numero uno dream car--though I prefer Verde Miura (lime green)

n18800375_33361923_723.jpg

one of about 2 Unique Performance built Foose Camaros

n18800375_33361926_2719.jpg

360 modena with nice matching wheels

n18800375_33361925_2383.jpg

unusual color for a Murcielago

n18800375_33361930_4111.jpg

really nice blue

Oh no! Having to perform a Chinese firedrill at a stoplight is not the way to go, dude. Turn in your man card! :D
There were actually 2 Chinese firedrills. They were about a block apart LOL.

Yes, the seat adjusts with ease. It is a 6-way power slider for both side, with pass airbag sensor and heat in each

They would have had to call the LAW to get me out of the drivers seat !!

With all due respect, the clutchs are a little different from a C5 -C6
Thanks for all the great pictures. The silver aero was REAL NICE

Thanks offshore241, the silver Aero (1996 Collectors Edition) was a give to my wife but she says it is too fast and too low (she drives a big old X5 gas hog)...so it became another toy for me ;) We will probably sell it as the garage is full and a need another 4 door car unfortunately.

Thanks offshore241, the silver Aero (1996 Collectors Edition) was a give to my wife but she says it is too fast and too low (she drives a big old X5 gas hog)...so it became another toy for me ;) We will probably sell it as the garage is full and a need another 4 door car unfortunately.

I DIDN'T KNOW THEY MADE REAL CARS WITH FOUR DOORS!!!!:ugh:ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom