Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mid Years check in...

Hey Sky65,

I live in south Carroll county in Eldersburg. We are neighbors. Do you go to any of the cruises around here?

Best Regards,
Mike

SKY,

Have alot of FREESTATE Corvette Club members that live in the Westminster area - matter of fact, we have an annual car show at the park in Westminster - need to get with you and tip a pint or two when the weather permits - hoping I get "LADY" back from restoration on April Fools!

[QUOTE='63split]Hey Sky65,

I live in south Carroll county in Eldersburg. We are neighbors. Do you go to any of the cruises around here?

Best Regards,
Mike[/QUOTE]
Yep. Been down to Eldersburg Home Depot a couple times, Roy Rogers in Finksburg a couple times, the Hot Rod show in Hampsted, the Hot Rod show in Gamber, and the Freestate Corvette show in Westminster. These have all been summer/fall of 03.

c5vetter said:
SKY,

Have alot of FREESTATE Corvette Club members that live in the Westminster area - matter of fact, we have an annual car show at the park in Westminster - need to get with you and tip a pint or two when the weather permits - hoping I get "LADY" back from restoration on April Fools!
I was at the Westminster show last year. I parked on the street and walked the show. You guys have some nice cars. I know one of your members, Dan W. Helped him a tad when he put the heads on the 77?.

Sky

Sky,

Dan's a neat guy - the '77 is his wife's car - he has a '81 I believe that he drives - massive horsepower out of his car

Hey Sky,

I live about a mile from the Home Depot in Eldersburg where we meet to display our cars. We also go to Mount Airey on alternate Sat. nights from the Home Depot cruise.
What car do you cruise in? I'll have to look for you this spring when the weather gets better and the cruises start up again. I'll be out in either my '63 SWC or '63 roadster.

Best Regards,
Mike

[QUOTE='63split]Hey Sky,

What car do you cruise in? I'll have to look for you this spring when the weather gets better and the cruises start up again. I'll be out in either my '63 SWC or '63 roadster.

Best Regards,
Mike[/QUOTE]
I will look for your cars.
There are two pictures of the 65 in this thread, #196 and #212.

Okay Sky!

Your '65 won't be hard to recognize. Both of mine are stock, in fact the '63 roadster is a survivor with original paint.

I Look forward to meeting you at The Depot!

Mike

Sky,

If you wouldn't mind me asking - how much were the mufflers? I was originally going to use the hooker inserts but have been reading so many complaints about the restriction that I'm not gonna mess with them. I too have a pipe hung up on my car. Mine are brand new but Jet Hot Coated. The pipes not completely on either.

How are you goning to modify the muffler?

TIA

GreaseMonkey said:
Sky,

If you wouldn't mind me asking - how much were the mufflers? I was originally going to use the hooker inserts but have been reading so many complaints about the restriction that I'm not gonna mess with them. I too have a pipe hung up on my car. Mine are brand new but Jet Hot Coated. The pipes not completely on either.

How are you goning to modify the muffler?

TIA
I got mine directly from the manufacturer. I contacted them to inquire about their product and they were very helpful. They sold them to me direct so I could test them out on this application. Pricing runs around $50-60.00 each. Check out the site. http://www.classicchambered.com/.

I got the 3032SB. I got these for a couple reasons. As I undersatnd it the larger the inner core diameter, the less restriction. The longer the muffler, the more sound reduction. Also these have 3" inlet and outlet pipes on them. Basicly my plan is to get 4"ID to 3"ID reducers and weld them to the mufflers to construct the insert. I will let you know how it works out. Now if I can only get the sidetubes off!!!

Let me know how the Jet Hot works out. My car had chrome pipes on it when I bought it. I think I would buy the coated ones if I was doing it from scratch. I like the look. How do they hold up on a driver?

Sky

Bought my first vette last summer, a 65 convertible. Nice driver car with original drive train. Plan to keep it that way.

AWESOME!

I'm new to your website here - I like it!!!

I'm also the blacksmith of the Powersticks - Sky65 is going to be installing these - keep an ear tuned for his results. He's gonna like them, I promise.

Not only do I like the Corvettes, I love ALL the musclecars. Put a '70 AMX, a 70-1/2 Z-28, a '67 GTO, a '70 Hemicuda, a '70 Torino Cobra, or a '69 427 'Vette in front of me - I'll take all of em! (I'd be a little partial to the Hemicuda though).

Great website!

Sky65 said:
I got mine directly from the manufacturer. I contacted them to inquire about their product and they were very helpful. They sold them to me direct so I could test them out on this application. Pricing runs around $50-60.00 each. Check out the site. http://www.classicchambered.com/.

I got the 3032SB. I got these for a couple reasons. As I undersatnd it the larger the inner core diameter, the less restriction. The longer the muffler, the more sound reduction. Also these have 3" inlet and outlet pipes on them. Basicly my plan is to get 4"ID to 3"ID reducers and weld them to the mufflers to construct the insert. I will let you know how it works out. Now if I can only get the sidetubes off!!!

Let me know how the Jet Hot works out. My car had chrome pipes on it when I bought it. I think I would buy the coated ones if I was doing it from scratch. I like the look. How do they hold up on a driver?

Sky
Sky,
The jet coat are holding up pretty good. They've been on the car for about two years. The only problem is that my car isn't running yet..LOL

My car was a basket case when I bought it (1997). Had frame rot on one side and had a new frame rail on the other side incorrectly installed, so the frame was twisted. Had the frame fixed with new rails. Sent it out for paint and got it back 1/2002. Put the headers on and started putting one of the pipes on. Got it hung up and I am in ths same boat as you, I cant get it off. I need to get it back off so I can get it completely on but also I need to put the attachment holes in the frame (new rails do not have the factory holes in them).

Anyway, I have a hooker insert in the one that is hung up. I've been reading that they are restrictive and thought about going with the spiraltube mufflers. These sound like a whole lot better way to go base on price. I'm really interested to see how you make out with these. If you can please take pics of how you're doing this. I did check out the website but the website said they only sold to dealers. Anyway, I'm gonna wait to see how you make out and then I'll probably go this way as well.

Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom