Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mid Years check in...

I have a Torch Red/Red 66 coupe that is highly modified with 96 suspension, LS1 and 6 speed, 2000 polished 17 & 18" wheels with Nitto Z rated tires, a/c, tilt column, rack & pinion, Kenwood AM/FM/Cass/CD Changer, etc. Have pics if someone will host.

Nick

I love your plate INCORCT I'm one of those that think Zora just gave us the basic building block and Corvettes were made to be modified and driven

Midyrcoupe,

That Sunfire yellow is a beautiful car...welcome.

Thanks for stopping by.

Pedro :w

NickD:

I'd love to see a mid year coupe in Torch Red.

Please email to me at Tripleblack51@Hotmail.com

Bossvette,
Thanks. For your post.
"383 TPI Tremec TKO Hookers Americans many subtle mods" you also like to tinker. Do you have any pictures?
I really can appreciate origonal "correct" cars but I like my "incorrect" 65. I don't worry about where I drive it or park it. On the weekend it is my regular ride. Grocery store, hardware store and the local "cruise in" on the way home. It was hard to get off the money to buy it, but now I am wondering why it took me so long to do it!!!
I'm with you.
"Corvettes were made to be modified and driven"

sting66ray said:
Mike good to hear from you how is the BMW comming?

Tom McCabe

It's coming along! It's just a little fun thing to keep a wrench in my hand since the coupe doesn't need much work right now. I think Dennis likes it because it gives me more reasons to come down (although he'll never admit it).
:w

Tripleblack51 said:
Midyrcoupe,

That Sunfire yellow is a beautiful car...welcome.

Thanks for stopping by.

Pedro :w

NickD:

I'd love to see a mid year coupe in Torch Red.

Please email to me at Tripleblack51@Hotmail.com
Thanks, Pedro! I hope to have a little more time this year to check in on the board.

Sky65

Welcome aboard. Your '65 has the perfect look.

Tom

Sky65
Love your taillights. I did mine right after I bought the car, along with many other's. I first made a template made out of a valve cover gasket box, then later had one made out of aluminum. My work probably has given many NCRS purists fits as they had to re-do my work. I still love 'em. I doubt they will ever be changed since the car will stay in the family.

http://www.hayco.ca/images/usa1.jpg

Thanks tripleblack51 for the call for Mid-years. I've enjoyed reading and seeing them.
Ol Blue

Tom,
Thanks for the welcome. I checked out you web site. The 81 is nice...real nice but ya gotta love the 59. I tried to sign your guest book but I got a page error message.

Tom

Ol Blue,
Yeah I like the six light look myself, they were on the car when I bought it. The pic of your car with the lights on is great! I might have to get one of those shots myself.

Everyone has been great with responses on the 65. I thought I should let you know there is more to the car than the rear end!

3195Dsc01819-med.jpg

Tom

Sky65
Thanks, I think the night view is neat too, but you should have seen 12 of them when we used to drag race at night. Sights and sounds!!!! never forget them.

I love your flared fenders too, but just never got around to doing it on the 63, but do have them on a 68 Racer. I had a set of Kustom sidepipe headers on the 63 for several years, but burnt legs and a family moved me to put Heddman headers that feed into the 67 Factory sidepipes.

Another picture of my 63.
http://www.knology.net/~corvettes/63vett.jpg

Ol Blue

Sky65 said:
Tom,
Thanks for the welcome. I checked out you web site. The 81 is nice...real nice but ya gotta love the 59. I tried to sign your guest book but I got a page error message.

Tom
I'll have to check that out. My site needs a lot of upating. Thanks for visiting.

Tom

NickD said:
I have a Torch Red/Red 66 coupe that is highly modified with 96 suspension, LS1 and 6 speed, 2000 polished 17 & 18" wheels with Nitto Z rated tires, a/c, tilt column, rack & pinion, Kenwood AM/FM/Cass/CD Changer, etc. Have pics if someone will host.

Nick
I have seen pictures of this car.

It is truly beautiful and unique!!

Thanks for sharing Nick!!

Pedro
:beer

Ol Blue said:
Sky65

I love your flared fenders too, but just never got around to doing it on the 63, but do have them on a 68 Racer. I had a set of Kustom sidepipe headers on the 63 for several years, but burnt legs and a family moved me to put Heddman headers that feed into the 67 Factory sidepipes.

Ol Blue

Blue
Yeah. I know what you mean about the sidepipes. I have been branded by the Hookers several times. I just like the look. I am currently trying to get the sidepipes off the collectors. The Hookers are too restrictive and I am adapting a set of 3" ID chamberd mufflers as inserts. I hope the sound and performance is what I am looking for.

Tom

Sky65 said:
Blue
I am currently trying to get the sidepipes off the collectors. The Hookers are too restrictive and I am adapting a set of 3" ID chamberd mufflers as inserts. I hope the sound and performance is what I am looking for.

Tom

I know what you are going through. I tried to take the pipes off of the headers on my '67 with Kustoms once and didn't get very far. The left one came right off but I couldn't get the right one loose no matter what I did. Had to be carefull not to ruin the chrome. They weren't rusty but I wanted to take them apart occasionally just to make sure they wouldn't seeze. Too late I guess. I really wanted to hear that big block without the muffler inserts in. We didn't have the spiral mufflers or other optons back then but I was thinking about some sort of baffle insert that would have made no resistance. Good luck.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom