Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mid Years check in...

SMR 67 said:
Purchased a 1967 convertible in late October 2003. Originally small block goodwood green w/ leather saddle interior. Now black w/ black leather interior and big block hood w/ red stinger (can't put 427 badgeing on it though). NOM, now Chevy V8 383 w/ Holley 650, Edelbrock, etc. Not dyno'd yet but should be about 415hp. It's a beast...can't wait for Spring!

HI SMR,

Thanks for checking in.

Roadsters are lots of fun.

Your car sounds great. That is a nice color combination.

Is the top black or tan?

Got any pictures?

Regards, :w
Pedro

The top is white - will post pictures after it comes out of hibernation in the Spring.

'65 Milano Maroon roadster - 350 NOM, Richmond 5-speed, 3.08s, side exhaust

After 3 c-3 I now own a '66 Mosport convertible, with hard top, original drive train, frame off.

Dave S.

'65 Milano Maroon roadster - 350 NOM, Richmond 5-speed, 3.08s, side exhaust

JKMHB,
Welcome and congrats on your mid year. A buddy of mine bought a car just like yours a few weeks ago. He does not have the five speed in it though.
How do you like the 5 speed?

dlrshort said:
After 3 c-3 I now own a '66 Mosport convertible, with hard top, original drive train, frame off.

Dave S.

Dave congratulations. Your car sounds nice. Do you get a lot of use out of the hard top?

Regards,

Pedro :w

Pedro, I've only had the car a couple of months. As soon as I got the car trailored from Pa where I bought it to New Jersey, where I live, I took the top off and stored it in the basement. I like the looks of the hard top, but I really love a convertible. I don't like storing the car for long periods of time with the soft top in the down position. The hard top is matching mosport green, the pic to the left is with the white soft top.

Dave

Dave, If you don't like having the softtop down for long periods why not just remove it before you put the hard top on. The mechanism is only held in with 4 bolts... BTW Nice 66.. I like the Mosport Green a lot.... Dave.

:w
ok, I'll stop lurking for once and check in as a C2 owner - kinda like JKHMHB, my pride and joy (just got some "joy" underneath her last night, in my unheated garage and it's cold out there!) is a 65 Milano Maroon vert, L76 ("365 H" is my plate, so you'll now know if you see me on the road) 4 speed with a Hurst CompPlus shifter, 4.11 posi, side pipes and KOs. Undoing some Bubba stuff here and there, but the colors in and out are correct and the engine and drivetrain are original to the car (the side pipes and KO's surely are not, and the factory PS is not originally possible with an L76 too). Oh, and the 65 BB hood surely gives rise to "396 in there?" questions, but sadly no, just an SHP 327 that gained a BB hood along the way - I kinda like the look though, even if it is the most obvious incorrect thing on the car.

LinkPhoto

the car still gives me a woody when I look at it ! :D

ctjackster,

So that's what my '5 would look like with KO's & whites. Very nice!! I too like the look of the big block hood. Again, very nice! Your 365 horse solid lifter is very desireable and that's the direction I'm headed along with a few other here (Allcoupedup) to name one. Oh, welcome aboard!

Regards,

thanks Jim, nice to hear. I have a plan to have Diamondback create some Goldlines for me in the spring from some good rubber, so the look might change a little, but I really like the way the Goldlines look against a dark colored car like the Maroon or the green. And the Goldlines were an available 65 option after all . . . and it will give me an excuse to lay down some serious long dark stripes with the current tires, seeing as new ones are on the way and all :D :D :D

ctjackster said:
:w
ok, I'll stop lurking for once and check in as a C2 owner - kinda like JKHMHB, my pride and joy (just got some "joy" underneath her last night, in my unheated garage and it's cold out there!) is a 65 Milano Maroon vert, L76 ("365 H" is my plate, so you'll now know if you see me on the road) 4 speed with a Hurst CompPlus shifter, 4.11 posi, side pipes and KOs. Undoing some Bubba stuff here and there, but the colors in and out are correct and the engine and drivetrain are original to the car (the side pipes and KO's surely are not, and the factory PS is not originally possible with an L76 too). Oh, and the 65 BB hood surely gives rise to "396 in there?" questions, but sadly no, just an SHP 327 that gained a BB hood along the way - I kinda like the look though, even if it is the most obvious incorrect thing on the car.

LinkPhoto

the car still gives me a woody when I look at it ! :D

Jack,

Thanks for checking in and welcome.

Your car is beautiful!
Great color combo and I love that big block hood.
My coupe also has a bb hood with a 327/350 L79 in it.

The small blocks are bullet proof and great for cruising!

Thanks for the eye candy (picture).

Dave, thanks for the tip about the soft top removal; I may try that next winter, and swap it off in the summer.

Dave

Just took delivery on a black on black SB 67 coupe. I also have an 80 which I purchased from the 1st owner in 81.

Sky65 said:
1st post for a newbie....Hope it works.
65 roadster.

3195Dsc01737-med.jpg

Wow!!

What a way to make an entrance...with a rear shot!!

That has got to be one of the nicest rear ends to behold.

Great vanity tag too.

Thanks and welcome.

Tripleblack51 said:
Wow!!

What a way to make an entrance...with a rear shot!!

That has got to be one of the nicest rear ends to behold.

Great vanity tag too.

Thanks and welcome.

Luv It! Luv It! Luv It!
Great shot & Great Car!
rlm :beer :cool

zl167 said:
Just took delivery on a black on black SB 67 coupe. I also have an 80 which I purchased from the 1st owner in 81.

Congratulations and welcome.

Aren't these cars fun to drive and just look at?

Tell us more about your car.
We'd love to see some pictures if you've got 'em!

Pedro

Don't forget to :w

Thanks all for the warm welcome! The picture came out kinda big. Sorry about that.

67Heaven,
I have been following your "Rebuild of a Legend" for some time now. Great site...great car!!! I don't know if you noticed the Dunlops on the 65. I chose them after seeing them on your site.

Glad to meet you all.
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom