Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mid Years check in...

Those look familiar. I have the same thing for my '69 truck project.

Tom

I have what i like to call twin cars seperated by 31 years of improved technoligy. 65 roadster,Glengreen,Saddle top,Black interior,365HP/4SP,teak steering wheel,optional hardtop and 96 roadster,Pologreen,Saddle top and interior,LT1-300HP/auto. Enjoy them both for different reasons.

I am a proud newer owner of a 63 coupe.

Had the car about a month, not only my first Corvette but also my first bowtie. Got to say she puts a smile on my face everytime I drive her. Why are we all her chatting, we should all be out driving...

Matt Congrats on the new car, some of us can't be driving without chains and snow tires right now.:D

Tom

00fxd said:
Sky65, Let us know how those inserts work out.

Will do.
I got the mufflers the other day. My current problem is I can't get the side tubes off the collectors. Anyone have any suggestions to remove them?

Sky65 said:
Bossvette,
Thanks. For your post.
"383 TPI Tremec TKO Hookers Americans many subtle mods" you also like to tinker. Do you have any pictures?
I really can appreciate origonal "correct" cars but I like my "incorrect" 65. I don't worry about where I drive it or park it. On the weekend it is my regular ride. Grocery store, hardware store and the local "cruise in" on the way home. It was hard to get off the money to buy it, but now I am wondering why it took me so long to do it!!!
I'm with you.
"Corvettes were made to be modified and driven"
I haven't looked at this thread for a while, been busy elsewhere
I have some pictures that are in no particular order of the TKO and TPI swap
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=558419
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=475622
one of these days I'll work on a web page, the only problem is a lot of times I forget to take pictures until I am almost done. My first ride in a Corvette was in a 65 425hp BB with 4.56 gears I wanted my 76 to set me back in the seat like I remembered.
I hope to see some of your midyears at Cruise-fest
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/events/cruisefest/
Craig sr

Sky65
The 65 I had my first ride in was moduified simular to yours, it had the flares and may have had the extra tail light, I don't remember it was a long time ago (1965). The car was originally from Boonton NJ

Sky65 said:
Will do.
I got the mufflers the other day. My current problem is I can't get the side tubes off the collectors. Anyone have any suggestions to remove them?
Sky,

The following suggestions are under the assumption that you are NOT worried about protecting the finish on them. I didn't notice whether yours are painted or chromed.

You could try heating the side tubes where they fit over the collectors, and have the biggest linebacker you know twist the far end back and forth. If that doesn't work, you may want to try using leverage, such as a bar through a chain wrapped around the side tube so that you can really get a twist on.

If you are worried about protecting the finish, I'm stumped.

if you can use heat melt a candle at the joint and allow the wax to seep in its worked for me on rusted pipe joints.
good luck and be sure to post your results, I'll be doing mine before too long:L

So many cars........so little time

Currently I enjoy my wife's 77 that she bought new. I have sold all my Corvettes. Over the years, many friends have said" Jim, you want one of every year......just not all at once.!!"

Well they may be correct. My favorites however, were Rochester fuel injection cars. My 65 fuel injection cars. (I had two of them) were favorites. The 64 B/P fuel race car was great fun. Almost better than sex.

I wish I had kept my 67 silver / black 427 /390, powergide with air conditioning convertible. It had PS, PB, full tint, PW, speedminder dash, AM/FM and California K-19 smog if you call that an option. Vinyl hardtop only !! 3:55 posi gears. The car was a ball to drive and had tons of torque.

Now my MS dicitates that automatic trans is the Corvette of necessity......not choice. I found a 64 coupe with PG, AC, 300hp, PS,PW,PB two weeks ago. 2nd owner has stored it the last 15 years......he is thinking about maybe selling.

Here I go again..........

67HEAVEN said:
The following suggestions are under the assumption that you are NOT worried about protecting the finish on them. I didn't notice whether yours are painted or chromed.

Well the sidepipes are not perfect but are certainly useable. I was hoping to get them apart without damaging the chrome. I am going to try heat. I think propane for starters, oxy/acet if I have to get real serious. Probably will not work on them until the weekend. Will let you know how I make out.

Thanks
Sky

Jim,

That '64 sounds nice. Good luck on purchasing it. I have always wanted a '65 Fuelie. Haven't given up on that one yet.

Tom

1967 Marina Blue 427 Coupe, Tri-Power 435 HP, Black Stinger, Off Road Exhaust, M-21, Black interior.

SKY65,

where in Maryland are you from? I live in Severn, which is close to Laurel/Glen Burnie
area

c5vetter said:
SKY65,

where in Maryland are you from? I live in Severn, which is close to Laurel/Glen Burnie
area
I'm out in Carroll County. Westminster to be exact.
I had an uncle that lived in off Benfield Rd years ago and my brother lived in Arnold for a while. I know roughly where you are.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom