Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Mild2Wild

Corvette
2013 60th Anniversary Grand Sport
Any other C6 owners put on the Mild2Wild option on there duel mode exhaust ? I put one on this weekend, it sounds pretty good. :upthumbs

Any other C6 owners put on the Mild2Wild option on there duel mode exhaust ? I put one on this weekend, it sounds pretty good. :upthumbs

what exactly is that, how much does it cost and where did you get it ... just out of curiosity....

xmas is coming.. gotta find a gift for the old man:D

what exactly is that, how much does it cost and where did you get it ... just out of curiosity....

xmas is coming.. gotta find a gift for the old man:D

Your Dad's C6 has to have the NPP exhaust system on it. The NPP system is basically a butterfly valve in the exhaust tips that opens and closes depending on the computer. The valve is normally open, so the mild-to-wild system basically turns off the computer control to the valve, so you get the the full effect of the exhaust system. Flip the switch, and power is restored, and the system operates as normal.

I put a homemade NPP bypass switch on my C6. It was the first mod I did, and I love it. The only time I turn it off is when I'm cruising on the interstate. I dont really like the drone of the open exhaust at 70mph.

If your Dad's C6 has the NPP system on it, the Mild-to-Wild switch would make a great gift.

:thumb Jason

Your Dad's C6 has to have the NPP exhaust system on it. The NPP system is basically a butterfly valve in the exhaust tips that opens and closes depending on the computer. The valve is normally open, so the mild-to-wild system basically turns off the computer control to the valve, so you get the the full effect of the exhaust system. Flip the switch, and power is restored, and the system operates as normal.

I put a homemade NPP bypass switch on my C6. It was the first mod I did, and I love it. The only time I turn it off is when I'm cruising on the interstate. I dont really like the drone of the open exhaust at 70mph.

If your Dad's C6 has the NPP system on it, the Mild-to-Wild switch would make a great gift.

i dont think he has that option...... and i couldnt tell you why he wouldnt considering he got every other option there was... but that doesnt ring a bell

Unless his car is a Z06, or an 08 or 09, he wont have it. NPP was an option on Z06's, and in MY08 it became an option on coupes and convertibles.

If you've ever been in the car on a full acceleration run, you would have noticed. At around 3000RPM, the butterfly's open, and you get a nice loud growl. Exactly what a Corvette at WOT should sound like.

:v Jason

B & B (Billy Boat) makes a "FUSION" exhaust that you can retrofit onto monomode exhaust systems. It is significantly LOUDER that the GM Z06 or NPP system (with valves open). The ZR1 system is louder than either the Z06 or the NPP also.

Unless his car is a Z06, or an 08 or 09, he wont have it. NPP was an option on Z06's, and in MY08 it became an option on coupes and convertibles.

If you've ever been in the car on a full acceleration run, you would have noticed. At around 3000RPM, the butterfly's open, and you get a nice loud growl. Exactly what a Corvette at WOT should sound like.

:v Jason

With due respect, "Twiget", I'd like to correct one aspect of your statement above: the dual-mode or "bypass" exhaust is standard equipment on all C6, Z06es and ZR1s. '

It is optional (RPO NPP) on base cars.

OK - Next time I'm home I'll take your Vette out and do some video clips and post em for ya! :thumb

:lou

L8TR - D

I think we can do the video in the driveway. I'm not sure it would be safe to turn you loose. :nono

With due respect, "Twiget", I'd like to correct one aspect of your statement above: the dual-mode or "bypass" exhaust is standard equipment on all C6, Z06es and ZR1s. '

It is optional (RPO NPP) on base cars.

I have a C6 and chose the NPP option for $1200. Do you mean I should have gotten it for free since mine is not a base car? :confused

I have a C6 and chose the NPP option for $1200. Do you mean I should have gotten it for free since mine is not a base car? :confused

If you bought a coupe or convertible, you would have had to pay for the NPP option. NPP is standard equipment on the Z06's.

If you bought a coupe or convertible, you would have had to pay for the NPP option. NPP is standard equipment on the Z06's.

Ahh, that's what I thought but the other post indicated it was standard on none base C6's which I thought was incorrect. thanks for the response - have a good turkey day!

Can anyone tell me what the NPP acronym is? This link post #4 states that it is just a code, so I don't know if it means anything.
What does NPP stand for? - Corvette Forum

In doing my search, I found a retro-fit available. Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but here it is:
Exhaust Commander ALL-in-1 NPP Bi-mode Retrofit Kit ! - Corvette Forum

http://shop.sunsetorangecreations.com/product.sc?categoryId=5&productId=9

B&B Fusion 2.5" Exhaust w/ Quad 4" Round Tips- 2008+ Corvette C6 (w/ Factory NPP) [BB-FCOR-0464] - $1,890.00$1,605.50 : MarylandSpeed.com- Your First Stop on the Way to Performance!

Gm Junkie built and installed one on my C6 .He just bought misc parts here and there.

Keep in mind I've never actually seen or driven my 08 .Junkie won't give it up.:mad

Eliminate Mild2Wild Battery Drain

My learning, to eliminate battery drain (zero), I had to wire the Mild2Wild switch as per the instructions to the seat heater fuse. Instructions attached or can be founded at the link below. The draw back, the exhuast mode is in the open position during startup. Keep the remote handing.

Enjoy, Mike.:thumb

http://nakidparts.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/m2w.pdf

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom