Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Missing Screw on '89 roadster

Corvette
Sold my '89 Triple Black Convertible - 3/08
Before I try to call the local Chevy dealer tomorrow and explain which screw I need, I was wondering if anyone of you guys had some sort of diagram that would give a name or number for the screw in question.

I had noticed a severe rattling noise recently, and figured that it from the hatch that hides the convertible top. Luckily, it wasn't. It turns out that a screw or bolt that holds 2 metal "support rods" coming from the rear drivers side quarter panel and attaching just above the muffler is missing. The quarter panel is vibrating like mad now!

I looked on the passenger side and there's only 1 "support rod" (for lack of the correct term) instead of the 2 that are on the drivers side...so the screw for the drivers side is probably gonna be longer.

I'd appreciate any advice that you can give me!

-J.

from the parts book

Use general hardware...local store with the same thread. I don't think there is a part number for that. I can tell you 100% on Monday when I return home from work but I would use my local hardware store.

Thanks, Vettechick. I tried a couple dealers in the area, but all they had were blurry diagrams that didn't tell anything at all.

So I got a few screws from the hardware store that look like they may work. I'm gonna go out and try them in a little while.

If you do find anything out on Monday, though...please let me know!

-J.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom