Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Model cement -- glue

???

Haven't built a model in so long.
Getting lazy in my old age and just buy diecasts :L

Ask the guys at the hobby store on your next visit

I haven't built one in 20 years myself but have a built in china closet that they are stored in and put new slider glass doors on. Just frustrating when get near them something falls off. Plastic pipe and fittings when they are glued the plastic melts and they become one but models are different type plastic. Like U have gone to ready to roll ones. There are magazines of current built ones. Stock and modified. Will have to search further.
The first semi tractor I purchased for $3.50. 359 Peterbilt. Like $30 now.
Have some in the attic. Cars and trucks. One box, car had $1.66 on it.
VPBob

Most model builders today use a cyanoacrylate (super glue) adhesive to glue their models. Quicktite gel adhesive works well on polystyrene. Fills gaps and doesn't get out of control.

My other hobby is building 1/35 scale armor models. I use Testors model cement in the black tip proof bottle. Seems to be fine. There's also a product called "Tenex". This stuff "welds" the plastic together, and you apply it with a brush or toothpick very sparingly and capilary action takes over. The "Super Glues" work great with resin parts and kits. Personally, I shy away from the CA's when building plastic kits. Especially if you haven't built one in a while.
If your looking for a good adhesive that will hold for awhile, go with the Testors or the Tenex. IMHO, the Tenex will probably hold longer than the Testors.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom