Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

modern drive train for 81'

MCMLVII

Corvette
BLACK 57, blu 15 vert
Any suggestions as to where an 81" can be converted to modern drive train, suspention, etc.

Thanks,

Bob Lemke
MCMLVII

the car's a 1981 model and the question refers, generally, to retrofitting a C3 chassis with more modern suspension. The post belongs in the C3 tech area.

Also, There are kits available to convert the front suspension to a transverse leaf. I dont have any personal experience with them, but I have read that they make a big difference.

Any suggestions as to where an 81" can be converted to modern drive train, suspention, etc.
Hey Bob...what parts of the drivetrain are you talking about? You thinking about putting a 5spd manual trans in? A new engine?
There are plenty of places or vendors that offer transmission updates, such as Tremec, Kiesler, Richmond, etc.
As for suspension parts, I suggest checking with Vette Brakes & Products ("VB&P") When it comes to upgrading your suspension pieces and whatnot, they are the go-to people. They are also a supporting vendor here at the CAC.

SharkBite has a true coilover suspension for both the front and rear.

Corvette Replacement Frames

Just did a search for frames and came across this place that does the C3 frame in Stainless with C4 suspension pickup points. Hmmmm

81 MODERN SUSPENSION

Thanks,

Bob Lemke
MCMLVII
i have a 80 with a custom front coilover set-up,i used vb&p upper control arms, and stock lower control arms-for the rear suspension i will go with the kit from van steel,e-mail me for pics,i am not sure how to post pics,or check out my profile-album on this site i put up a bunch of pics,in june i want to get rear coilovers and differential installed -----JCPRINCE126@AOL.COM

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom