Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mold and Car Covers

Corvette
1975 Pearl White Stingray, 4 Speed, T-Top
I hope I am posting this on the right forum.

Here's the skinny. My vette unfortunately has to sleep outside. I purchased the high-end breathable cover from Mid America in late December, and when I uncovered the car over the weekend to take it for a drive, there was mold growing everywhere INSIDE the vehicle. I have never had a problem with leaking or mold in the past. And, when I say everywhere I mean everywhere from the seat belts, to the knobs on the dash, to the steering wheel, etc. However, there was NO mold on the car itself or the car cover.

Is this because of the cover? If the cover was not on it, the car would normally get some sun from the position it sits. It is also not uncommon for the car to sit for weeks. This completely took the wind out of my sails. I cleaned up the car, parked it, and put the cover back on in disgust.

Any suggestions, remedies? Since its a nice day today, my husband took the cover off and took the t-tops off so any condensation/moisture can dry out.

i put moisture packs in the interior , on the floor and in the rear compartment this absorbs all the moisture and will prevent this... ecklers, corvette america, midamerica sells these

Well, I have seen this problem a few times before and this is what I have theorized happens.

I think you have a moisture problem inside your car..... as you probably now know. It is slight but from the sounds of it probably from the T-Top. Most of the time it is undetectable because when the sun is out it dries up the moisture inside your 'Vette.

When you put the cover on it negates the 'Green House'. So it stays cool inside and produces prime breeding ground for mold.

On the mold, you just have to methodically clean it up. Do you ever notice a bit of condensation on the inside of your windows on a cool morning when the sun just starts to come out?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom