Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

More Body Shop photos from visit 11_16_06

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Stopped by the body shop to drop off a few things. Got good information that my body pieces from Paragon (Corvette Image) shipped yesterday and will be arriving next Tuesday or Wednesday!!!

Here are a few photos....Below is the inside of the trunk lid. I decided that I wanted to smooth out the inside of the trunk lid as well as the hood. Here is what the trunk lid looks like....

IMG_2430s-vi.jpg

And here is what the hood looks like. Although we are not going any further on the hood until we marry the frame and the body back together to make sure that the stock hood can be used with my stack system. On first look (measurement) it looked like no problem, but before we put any more labor in the hood, I need to be sure.
IMG_2431s-vi.jpg

On the surface the car will look VERY STOCK, but once the hood opens or the trunk lid opens, end of looking stock!

I mentioned earlier that there needed to be some work done on the soft top deck lid to get the hinge area on the outside to match up perfectly with the back of the car that is between the soft top deck lid and the trunk lid.

you can see in the photo below the work being done to make that area match up perfectly with the rest of the area. Evenness with surrounding areas will be achieved as well as gaps being uniform around the openings is the goal.

IMG_2429s-vi.jpg

Harry has his team grind down that area locally and then put some cloth back in and then will build up the height to match.

More to come!!!!

Herb

I never seen a trunk lid to a 60 before so I dont know if it had all of the bracing my does on the 62, But that sure looks good all molded as he has it.

I must be real comforting to go to the shop and see progress happening

Thanks for the update and the pictures. That is some high quality work going into this! :upthumbs

I never seen a trunk lid to a 60 before so I dont know if it had all of the bracing my does on the 62, But that sure looks good all molded as he has it.

I must be real comforting to go to the shop and see progress happening
When I went in, Harry was all apologetic because the guy that normally is working on my car was working on the truck in the paint booth. I had to chuckle....wow, this might actually get done when it is supposed to!

That is if I don't start adding more modifications to the motor area....I have a lot of ideas and when I couple them with Harry's ideas, it is very dangerous!

stay tuned!

Herb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom