Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

More PhotoShopped Images

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
I was cc'd on the following email including pictures:

Hello All,

Here are a couple of pictures which are getting closer to what the C6 looks like. A friend of mine who works for the Museum and whose job it is, is to give the 2 1/2 hour factory tours to those who are picking up a new Vette, "Museum Delivery," saw a C6 coupe this week and says that he really likes it. My friend loves his Magnetic Red 2002, so we know his taste in 'Vettes is good. The person he was giving the tour to also really liked the C6 Attached are the two pictures closest to what he saw. Once again the photographers insist on taking the pictures (at least the spychop916 one) from way too close to the pavement, as most of us enjoy our cars when looking down on them from our eyes located above the car.

I hope not!!!

As far as I'm concerned, I think those two 'chops are very ugly pictures of what the car might look like.

So far, the best one's i liked were the Euro guesses of what the car looked like. That looked awesome.

Same shots we saw here a few months ago, didn't know you could use PhotoShop to remove bra and panties. :duh

EEHHHHHH:eyerole

The lights are okay...I could live with em. But that grill....too much smiling, yikes. :eek

These photo chops are pretty close to the ones a few weeks ago. But not the same I think.

I really enjoyed the back-angle view. Have we seen the 'hat brim' extend to the side of the car yet on any photoshops? It's a smaller detail that may suggest a greater level of familiarity.
However, I did not like the front end. Tiger shark front end is WAY to smile-like.
Can't wait for the new year!

More information I just received about these photos:

> Don't get your hopes up too high on the new C6, the first cars I saw going
together are similar ONLY in side view and top glass, but have rather ugly
facias front & rear and they have very sharp creases on the fenders and
center hood riser. I hope your photos are the new C6 but I don't think so.
The new coupe comes out in June, the convertible 6 months later and the new
Z06 12 months later.
>
> My guess is your photos are actually the new Z06. I have not seen it but I
heard the new Z06 has a WOW Ferrari look to it on a lite weight aluminum
chassis.
>
> Unless Bob Lutz made them go back and re-do the C6 after I saw it about a
year ago I afraid is is not as good as your photos... But we can hope it is!

Thanks for the information.

Hey everyone, I think the quote was "... these are the closest ...", not, " this is exactly what it looks like." Certainly there are changes to the front as shown. The HIDs are surrounded by body color, not silver or chrome. WE KNOW THIS from the Ring spy shots. IMO this combination is a good look. 55 days and counting!!!

The backs not too bad, but the front needs some serious work. It looks like a drunk smiling at you with crossed eyes.

Yeah, if the front looks like that, I think I'll be a little let down. But great info on what we can expect. Something new always seems to help build a little more of the picture.

To tellya the truth, I ONLY liked the euromag concept or whatever so far! And the Moray of course
:beer
But frankly I don't think the GM has the balls for that one. I don't know about this one, but it lacks the very meaning of Corvette. At least it seems like. I'm still hoping that GM won't let us down.
Still something seems to be missing, don't ask me what.

What does that cool ferrari look actually mean? Hope it has nothing to do with any current Ferrari, cause the italians are not doing a way too good job these days. Maybe it's just me, but the last great looking Ferrari was the 355 and the F40 and GTO and that sorta things. I personally like the 400Gt, but NOT the Scaglietti. If the Vette wants to look leke so italian, why not gather some of the Murcielago cues? But than again this is just my humble opinion.

On the first picture, I don't care for the back, the bottom of the rear bumper is much too high off the ground, it creates a jarring discontinuity between the rocker molding and the bottom of the bumper. I don't like the dinky little side-marker lights either.

And I'll have to go along with everyone else on the second picture. I don't know what that is, but it isn't a Corvette. With that wide mouth, it looks like a flattened Dodge Neon. Remember those ads? "Hi". A Corvette shouldn't say "hi".

I admire the artist's effort, but the result doesn't exactly thrill me.

headlightz.JPG

is this better? ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom