Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

More Q's: Callaway performance potential

Aurora40

Corvette
1990 red on red ZR-1
----

I don't think Luigi's dyno sheet right there is up to date...... I know he had some stuff done to his car just before Bloominton Gold so he might be able to answer some of your questions regarding what can be done and costs.

Everything from the air intake to the exhaust is vastly different on these cars. I'm curious to see what the current overlay would look like, however!

Aurora40 said:
Any idea why they are so different?
Josh's is rear wheel ratings, Luigi's is Flywheel ratings...
I believe Luigi's car also had a different cam - It would be interesting to see how they differ now, Luigi also has ported turbo housings from what I understand...
I think Josh may re-dyno his car in a few weeks, he has some new springs to try out ;)
Hope this helps :v :w

Aurora40 said:
Well, it's not vastly different, is it? The turbos, intercoolers, intake manifold, heads, valves, and cam timing are exactly the same, aren't they? The engines are more like bolt-on different. They have different air filters, wonderbars, and post-header exhausts. The only real core difference is the pistons, isn't it? The conn rods are different, but that shouldn't affect the power curve.
The motors are vastly different. Literally and figuratively. A few things that they share in common are the basic intercooler plumbing and basic motor displacement. Everything else from top to bottom, front to back is different with regard motor internals, heads, turbos, exhaust, other bolt-ons, etc.

The owners themselves need to post the confidential information should they decide to get into specifics.

Yep, it's kinda rare around here that there are any sightings of high performance Callaway driving... but when there is.... it's showing taillights the whole way! If you're interested in a particular car, talk with Joanne at Callaway. She'll give you all the details as a prospective owner.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom