Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: More Questions from the noobie

vetteman741

Corvette
1998 blk/oak auto
Hi guys and gals!

I have only had my 98 C5 coupe for 5 days now :D(still a honeymoon as far as I'm concerned) and I have not gotten a factory service manual yet so I have a few questions maybe someone could help me out with.

I have a broken bulb and a loose bulb floating around in my pass side front corner lens (thanks to lazy previous owner), I put in a bulb so the light works but how do I get the corner lens assembly out so I can remove the trash from it?

How does the front license plate panel come off, it's loose and I want to fix?

How to the center caps on the original 98 wagon wheels attach, can I just pull them off or will that break something?

Do I need a special harness to connect my Sony aftermarket radio to the factory Bose harness. Can I use my Sony head unit with a built in amplifier and hook to the Bose Harness,can I upgrade the speakers or are they built into an amp assembly----Basically what can I do and not do!;shrug I know I will need an antenna extender for in the dash, it is a short reach, man did GM skimp on the co-ax or what.;squint:

This forum is awesome and I have learned a lot already:beer, so thanks in advance to you kind people.:w

Sorry so many questions, I am buying a GM service manual as soon as I get the dough.

Well, you've asked some really good questions....unfortunately, I can't answer most of them. The one I can answer is that there are two screws, on the bottom (I think, maybe the top) of the license plate cover (torx t15 IIRC) that you can take out to remove the cover.

GMJunkie should be able to help you with most of your other questions....Jesse, you out there?

Regarding the corner lense, the easiest way is from underneath. If you have ramps fine but you don't need much room and in a pinch a decent curb will do (no don't mess up your rims or hit the frame behind the wheel trying to jump up, just find a drive way and run two wheels up along the curb entering there).

Three (10mm I believe) bolts and the access panel underneath will open, from there you can see up to the attachments inside. Its either one bolt and a spring or just the spring that holds the assembly in place. It will fit out the bottom when you get it undone (don't scratch the lense on the way out). Very easy to do and one or two sockets and a pair of needle nose pliers will be all you need.

For the audio questions, stop by the audio section here, they have been done to death :D But in short, yes to all of them :D The Bose system operates at a different (non standard) resistance so you would need an adapter between it and any other component. You can replace the speakers and keep the head unit, you can swap the head unit and keep the speakers, or you can jack into the aux (CD Changer) line on the head unit, all requiring an adapter at whatever point you're connecting. Or you can of course swap out the head unit and put in your own equipment. The front (door) speakers have integral amplifiers and I believe there is another one in the center console.

Stop by the audio section and with your first search you will find more info than you are looking for :rotfl

Enjoy

Thanks

Thanks a lot guys, I totaly spaced having the audio section:duh I will definately check it out.

The help on the corner lens and license cover is great too, if I only had more time, I could get this thing perfect.

I saw a deep red vert with magnesium wheels on my way to lunch today, man those wheels are awesome. (I have no one else to tell).

The stock WW center caps just pop off with a slight prying. I use a flat bladed screw driver under the end of one of fake lug nuts. It's a no-brainer....you'll see!

I pulled a loose bulb out of the corner parking lens housing using a flexible magnetic tool, from the bottom of course. Fished into the hole and finally nabbed onto the metal part of the bulb and pulled to the hole and it fell out. Sh....t happens! :L

:thumb

Stop by the audio section and with your first search you will find more info than you are looking for :rotfl

Sorry Jistari, I do not see nor can I find an audio section, is that a joke I did not get?;shrug

Maybe I am just blind;shrug

:w Thanks

Gasp :ugh (cross forum misdirection)

Sorry, I ahve been known to frequent more than one forum discussing Corvettes.

I did not realize I was referring a "blue" member to a section in the "red" world.

Mea culpa . .

Gasp :ugh (cross forum misdirection)

Sorry, I ahve been known to frequent more than one forum discussing Corvettes.

I did not realize I was referring a "blue" member to a section in the "red" world.

Mea culpa . .
:L

No harm - no foul! :thumb
I figured it was something like that.
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom