Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Movie debut

crause

Corvette
75 Convertible-steel blue / 2000 lt. pewter conv.
I answered an ad in our local car club newsletter where a company in New Orleans was looking for classic cars in the late 60's to mid 70's. A film company was filming a movie in Baton Rouge called PDR (Philly Dept. of Rec.). The guy called and paid $150 a day for the car and $80 for the driver plus free food. He also filled up my gas tank with premium gas ($40). It was very interesting, I don't know how much of this I will be doing but I can say that with all the classics that were there, my Corvette drew the largest crowds. I will try and post some pics but I don't have luck doing that.

Andy

That sounds like it was fun! It would be cool to see your car on teh silver screen.

About time we see a Corvette in a movie. I wish that we see more C3's in years to come movies.

If you look at all the movies that came out involving cars, they never included a C3 corvette. Gone in 60 seconds, fast and furious 1 and 2, they never showed a C3 in any of those movies.

I remember seeing a black C3 convertible driven by Chris Tucker in Rush Hour. that's about it. We didn't see the car too much.

All I can say is I can't wait to see a C3 in a real good car movie

Tepot said:
If you look at all the movies that came out involving cars, they never included a C3 corvette...

That's because they'd steal the show and take too much of the limelight off the stars. ;)

Congrats - hope your car makes it to the Silver Screen!

:w Jane Ann

C3's on screen....

Don't forget (or should we forget) about the 1978 classic Corvette Summer!!! ;LOL

Jack Nicholson drove a '78 Silver Anniv. Special on the beach in Terms of Endearment, sitting on the roof, steering with his feet til Shirley Maclaine jammed on the brakes and pitched him out. Not proper Vette driving ettiquette, but still funny! Also Mark Wahlberg had a red '77 in Boogie nights.
Of course, driving your own C3 in a major motion picure would be 'off the charts' COOL!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom