Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Moving right along

Corvette
1981 HD Suspension; ZN1 Option
Hey gang,

I fixed my A-C blower (loose wire), and the horn button (the cup-like retainer was touching and completing the circuit).

Currently, I do not have the choke voltage wire connected, for my choke connector broke, and I am searching [a replacement] for it. Can anyone tell me where I could find [a replacement for] it? What model [is the] connector called?

GerryLP:cool

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the response. :upthumbs

I called Casa Chevrolet here, and they don't even get a hit on that part number. I also tried the GM restoration part web sites, and I got no hits.

I may have to make a trip to the local used-parts lot.

Nothing useful to add......just congratulations for making good progress on your car. I've been reading your threads. :upthumbs

Thanks Heaven!

I have been getting a very little taste of what you and other restoration guru's go through when you search for the parts still needed for the project.

So I am just focusing on the little discrepancies that can be corrected while the needed parts turns-up. :beer

Your dealer must not want to sell parts. It is readily available from several GM warehouses...I've got one ...$10.80

Gerry,

You can get it from GM Parts Direct for $7.84. Your dealer guy did something wrong in his search. If it shows on GM parts direct your dealer can get it too.

0 items in cart
check out your
wish list order
status your
account
SEARCH specialsperformancerestorationaccessoriesmerchandiseWheels
Advanced Search FAQ View Cart Register Request a Return Customer Service GM Warranty E-Mail Us Tell a Friend Home

Search Results of Available Items
*Prices are Per Unit

Page 1: 1-1 of 1 items
GM PART # 12085480
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $15.10
OUR PRICE: $7.84

DESCRIPTION: CONNECTOR

Page 1: 1-1 of 1 items
NOTE: GMPartsDirect.com carries 380,000 GM parts. Due to the number of parts available, the part you are searching for may not appear in these results. Please use our Customer Service page if you need help locating a GM part. Can’t find a part?
^ Back to Top ^
Performance Parts | Restoration Parts | GM Accessories | GM Merchandise | Specials | Vehicle Care | Wheels | Links
Advanced Search | FAQ | View Cart | Request a Return | Customer Service | GM Warranty | E-Mail Us | Tell a Friend | Site Map | Home
©2004 - Flow Chevrolet, LLC - All Rights Reserved. GMPartsDirect.com is independently owned and operated by Flow Chevrolet, LLC,
an authorized independent reseller of General Motors Parts. This site is not owned or operated by General Motors Corporation.
Privacy Statement | Site Policies | Warranty Disclaimer
GM Certified Internet Dealer

Tom

Dave and Tom,

You were both right! I called Galles Chevrolet, and they looked it up, and I ordered. It is coming out of Denver, and it should be here tomorrow.

That B***** at Casa surely is lazy! I can't seem to get a hold of this one guy I know (who used to work in AutoZone), and pass my complaint to him.

Thanks again guys. I had been getting so many negative responses when inquiring about this connector on the web, and that I basically rolled-over:cry and gave up too easy. Thanks! :beer

The fixes worked. The wire connector worked like a champ (thanks again Dave and Tom :) ), and this morning the choke fast idle kicked-right-up, and after warming i got my idle speed. Awesome!

I also replaced the cold air flexible ducts, and installed a check valve for the air injection reactor tube that goes to the converter. By the way, a piece of 1/2" copper pipping AND two 1/2" compression unions tied the pipe to the high flow converter. I did purchased that kit available in Corvette Central, but it is a universal kit (they even include instructions for Chrysler and Ford) , and it did not work for the L81 as it was received in the kit.

With so many wires and crap everywhere, it is hard to make this engine bay look clean, but I am trying. Next I'll paint the brake booster anodized color and clean the brake reservoir a little. The hose for the diverter valve and A.I.R. converter tube is not correct, but I am still looking for it. View attachment 11549

The interior basically needs new weatherproofing rubber, and I need to send the radio to that place that 81kix (I believe) suggested. The AM is not working. View attachment 11550 I am also still looking for a driver side T-top in good condition. Mine has small cracks on the glass, but it does not leak. If you remember my steering wheel in CF I, then you'll notice a better one in its place. This one is original and is in mint condition. Found it in eBay for about $50 buckaroos.:beer

Old Gail is looking mighty GQQD ;)

You two will be out dancing in no time :dance Looking forward to seeing you and "Her" in June (CruiseFest IV ~ Colorado Springs) ;)

Bud & Rare
:Steer

Thanks, Bud!

I am too looking forward to see you and the :CAC / L81:bu gang. I do have a reservation for June 2007 already.

If Albuquerque happens to work-out as an overnight stop for you, then let me know. :beer

And the message goes out as well to any CAC members that are spending the night in Albuquerque on their way to CruiseFest IV. :upthumbs

Looks very nice gerry,!!!! you've done a remarkable job with it!!!!

Hello Gerry,

Your made a masterpiece out of that enginebay. Looks great!
The air hose you're looking for could be a little problem. I change all the rubber hoses on my vette and that is the only one from the airsystem that i couldn't find anywhere. Of course here in europe we don't have a GM network, but don't bother to look at the normal online shops :(
Good luck and keep up the good work!

Groeten Peter.

Thanks Bill; Thanks Peter,

I seem to be spending more time on the search of parts than on the Vette. A couple of days ago, I bought a set of wheel center caps on eBay. If you haven't noticed on Corvette Central, they want a pretty penny for the center cap emblems and center cap themselves.

L81 parts are becoming more scarce and therefore more expensive.

I also seem to be having a hard time locating the left front wire shield. I bought a boxful of shields a month ago, and the left-front one was not part of the lot.

are you looking for the shield that runs along the block?????

are you looking for the shield that runs along the block?????

Hey Bill,

Not the "V" shield, but the one that protects the wire boots on the #1 and #3 cylinder from the manifold heat. Mounts behind the wire retainer and on the same block threaded hole for the wire retainer.

Hey Bill,

Not the "V" shield, but the one that protects the wire boots on the #1 and #3 cylinder from the manifold heat. Mounts behind the wire retainer and on the same block threaded hole for the wire retainer.

ok, they're tough to find...try any salvage yards for the hose????

...try any salvage yards for the hose????

In Albuquerque, like in many other cities, there is a Broadway Blvd., and this one runs from south to north. The boulevard happens to run across the industrial part of the city, and there are tons of salvage yards.

But none of them carry Corvette parts. Perhaps the Vettes they do get they transfer to Corvette salvage yards in other states. Not sure why, though.

A co-worker of mine told me that there is a business place here that specializes in hoses (Aero-quip, rubber, and other types), so I am going to swing by there to see if they can manufacture the hose (including pre-formed bends and all).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom