Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

MP3 player

Good for you...........I'll find out next week when the CD gets to the dealer and I take it back...

My '05 C6 w/nav plays MP3's no problem. I haven't experienced the FM static issue either. Am I the exception to the rule?

Yes you are the execption

Yes my friend you are the execption to the rule, the 05 Nav package DOES NOT play MP3's, however GM got off there BUTTS and did something about it by coming up with an Upgrade/Fix for the system, now maybe what happened is that you might have a later VIN number and maybe the fix was already done on yours, but you my friend are the only person I have ever heard of/spoken to that had an 05 C6 that played MP3 files, consider yourself quite lucky....and a big Good for you! CONGRATS!
As soon as my local dealer gets the CD/DVD in I plan on getting mine fixed!

Was the CD your burned an MP3 CD or just a regular CD?
Because I have burned many many CD's for my 05 with the Nav package, but they have been reguar CD's, MP3 burnt CD's will NOT play in my NAV system CD player...........

VetteramI said:
I had to try on my C6. Burned a disc (data) used nero. No problem plays the CD well and I have an early 05 with Nav. Guess I just got lucky. :cool

caddy said:
Yes my friend you are the execption to the rule, the 05 Nav package DOES NOT play MP3's, however GM got off there BUTTS and did something about it by coming up with an Upgrade/Fix for the system, now maybe what happened is that you might have a later VIN number and maybe the fix was already done on yours, but you my friend are the only person I have ever heard of/spoken to that had an 05 C6 that played MP3 files, consider yourself quite lucky....and a big Good for you! CONGRATS!
As soon as my local dealer gets the CD/DVD in I plan on getting mine fixed!
Based on what I've read, I do consider myself lucky. Honestly, I've had my car for a couple of months before trying a MP3. I've been more concerned with figuring out an IPOD solution. Primarily listen to XM, but purposely tried FM to see if I get the static problem. So far it hasn't surfaced. Just recently burnt a CD full of MP3's and it performs just as I assume it should. I had planned on pushing my dealer for the fix, but so far, no reason to. Good luck with yours...Chevrolet should step up and make this right.

VetteramI said:
I had to try on my C6. Burned a disc (data) used nero. No problem plays the CD well and I have an early 05 with Nav. Guess I just got lucky. :cool

What is your VIN and build/delivery date? How did you burn the CD, data or music?

Minkster said:
What is your VIN and build/delivery date? How did you burn the CD, data or music?

Vin is 104XXX

Copied MP3 files off my computer to data CDR. Used Nero data CD

Minkster said:

My VIN is 136XXX. Took delivery in Oct '05. Not sure of the build date. Definately plays CD in MP3 format. Specifically burned in MP3, NOT audio from Itunes.

VetteramI said:
Vin is 104XXX

Copied MP3 files off my computer to data CDR. Used Nero data CD

My VIN is also 104XXX, delivery in Aug 04, but will not play MP3s burned as Data disc off of RecordNow s/w on my computer.

Well got a call yesterday, the CD came in and I took it in this morning so I will let yall know if the Upgrade works and I can play MP3's on my 05' C6.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed..........Heck if this works I'm not gonna worry about getting the 6 CD changer, I won't need it.....a CD with MP3's can hold well over 100' songs, even a 6CD changer (that does not play MP3's) can't do that.....

Ladies and Gentelmen I am proud to announce that the fix/update works like a champ for the CD player with the Navagation package on the 05 C6 Vette, yesterday when I picked up my 05 C6 I came armed with a CD with about 6 folders and 159 songs in MP3 format and before I left the lot I plugged that baby in and.........Hot Zig-a-dee-dog it worked and worked great, so yes there is an Update and yes it works............Thanks to you Minkster for the all the great info. I burned the files with Roxio software but I'm willing to bet just about any decent CD burning software should work.....
Heck with this fix you don't need the 6 CD changer now, so you can save about 500 bucks
MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

caddy said:
Ladies and Gentelmen I am proud to announce that the fix/update works like a champ for the CD player with the Navagation package on the 05 C6 Vette, yesterday when I picked up my 05 C6 I came armed with a CD with about 6 folders and 159 songs in MP3 format and before I left the lot I plugged that baby in and.........Hot Zig-a-dee-dog it worked and worked great, so yes there is an Update and yes it works............Thanks to you Minkster for the all the great info. I burned the files with Roxio software but I'm willing to bet just about any decent CD burning software should work.....
Heck with this fix you don't need the 6 CD changer now, so you can save about 500 bucks
MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Congratulations and you're welcome:upthumbs ! My radio part number is not the one listed in the bulletin, so I'm SOL unless I can find a way to get the radio replaced. Did you get the part number of your radio when they installed the update, or how about a VIN or delivery/build number.

Again, Congratulaions!!!:beer

No, Sorry I didn't get the Pt number, the last 6 on my VIN are 122777 don't really know the build date either, I ordered it in May and Picked it up on Tax Day......but man it works beautifully, I can't thank you enough, after I bought the car and found out it wouldn't play MP3's I was ready to get rid of it, I had actually went out and looked at buying a new 2006, that's how Pi**ed I was, but now...........WOW, it's great, hundereds of songs on one CD, it just don't get any better..........
thanks again and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Your VIN is way after mine (104251), so that explains it somewhat. Have a Merry XMAS and Year New Year in your C6 too!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom