Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

MSD distributor cap

Corvette
1987 Z52 Black Convertible
Anybody have this on there car? I ordered one and the setup looks different. The cap that I had put on the car previously had screws that actually screwed into the distributor. The MSD one they sent me has is called clamp down? and I have the screw down. I doubt there is any way to make this work, but I figured I would ask. I am going to smack my brother since he ordered this for me lol :L And yes Craig if you read this BOTH caps are the clamps.

MSD 8411 looks like this and has screw down fasteners.
Rotor part number is MSD 8410.

It appears some companies sell the cap and rotor kit as 8411K

msdhei.jpg

MSD 84111 looks like this and has clamp down fasteners
msdheijeg.jpg

Does the rotor work? For the record summit shows the screw down cap, but the description says clamp down. I doubt at this point there is any difference between one of these caps and a brass terminal one from autozone!!

I just did this the other day..all you have to do is bend straight the bottoms of the L clamps with a socket so that you can pull them out of the cap from the top..then just use 4 1" slotted head machine screws..I believe they were 10x24..mine works great.I bought the MSD cap at Advanced and didnt realize it was clamp down till I got home..very east to change it over

I was thinking of just doing that too. I was going to do that the other night, but I didn't have any screws to use anyways.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom