Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Muffler eliminators . . .Great!!

So Bay Vetter

Corvette
1996 Collector LT4
While I was putting new bushings in my rear sway bar, I decided to add muffler eliminators from Corvette Central. Wow! what a great sound! The engine growls like an animal going thru the gears and the noise at freeway speed isn't much over what it was with the mufflers on. So far, I haven't found any resonance issues. The sound the engine makes is terrific! I haven't been able to keep my foot out of it! :J :J

They were about $150.00. I cut the mufflers and installed them myself (they slip over the existing pipe). They tend to move around a bit which left the tail pipes a bit off center so I had a local muffler shop true them up and tack weld them so they are a solid fit. That was another $50 but well worth it.

So Bay Vetter said:
While I was putting new bushings in my rear sway bar, I decided to add muffler eliminators from Corvette Central. Wow! what a great sound! The engine growls like an animal going thru the gears and the noise at freeway speed isn't much over what it was with the mufflers on. So far, I haven't found any resonance issues. The sound the engine makes is terrific! I haven't been able to keep my foot out of it! :J :J

Yes they do! :D

http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/Mad-Mic/Racing/Sweet_Sin.wmv

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom