Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Muffler suggestions???

Glensgages

Corvette
Black '82 Coupe
I'm (finally) getting the Mid-America 2.5" true dual/no cat exhaust system for my stock '82 Cross-Fire, and I'd like suggestions on which mufflers to use at the back.
I don't want it to ' look ' any different from stock (chrome tips in the stock location), and I'd like easy-to-install mufflers (direct replacement sizes preffered), but I don't mind how ' loud ' it is!
With the 3.73:1 gears, I turn approx 2000 RPM @ 60 MPH (I've heard other Vette owners speak of ' resonance ' at lower {1400-1700 RPM}), and 2500 RPM at 75 MPH.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

GLEN!

i loved my Dynomax Ultra turbo flows! they are stainless and you can look right through them. they flow over 1000cfm and sound sweet. nice and deep at idle, quiet unless you really get on it, then they let everyone know you have some power. designed to perfectly fit the C3. and the stainless really looks good under the car. Brian

Brian,

do you have a particular model #/part # that I should be looking for?

http://www.dynomax.com/ultrafloss.stm, this will give you an idea of what they look like cross section style. i believe the part number you need is 17264. it has been a while since i looked, so double check that number. i recall both sides are identical, side in and center out flow, just turn one over to fit the other side of the car. i think they are about $140 each, but well worth the money, you'll never buy another muffler because they are stainless. let me know what you think, Brian

The Dynomax UltraFlo's are great. You'll really like them.

Joe

I would have to agree with 81LT4 I have the ultraflows now but will change to magnaflows, and they are cheeper, if you don't get the stainless.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom