Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mufflers???

E

evolution

for an 84 btw

I know everyone says to get Corsa or the beloved Side/Power Effects but Richie Rich I am not. (wrong car to get, huh......yeah right!) I am looking for the LT1 tips with killer sound. I am going to purchase the tru dual pipes from Corvette Central (
good-bad??) and just dont want to get screwed into something insanley loud or something that sounds akin to a Geo. I like the throaty gurgle sound w/a nice rasp on WOT. I dont really care about the int. res. as my stereo will deafen me first. And I might add that the stereo was a complete 4uc*er to install (12 hours for > Pioneer Premier MP3 player- 5 channel amp- Boston Acoustics 4x6s in the dash- JL Audio....uh..somethings in the door-Polk 6x9s in the back and 2 JL Audio subs in the "trunk" ****BOOM*** : )

The Flowmaster cat back system will give you a great sound but isn't as pretty or as expensive as the Corsa. The tips on the Flowmaster are downright ugly however. I painted mine flat black hoping they won't be noticed until I can get some nice looking ones.

I see you have a 84. Maybe the tips for that are better looking.

Problem with the catBack is that I wont have a cat come next week and yes....I h8 those flowmaster tips :puke

How do they sound tho?

I like the idea of the Corsa but also ahve the same problem at the moment. I don't dare drop a grand into an exhaust system.
So... i've been looking at the Dynomax Super Turbos. $130ea. For my92 they have a painted LT1 tip just like the factory. They also have the custom ones for the earlier C4s with polished tips. I beleive you can also get their Ultra Flows if you want loud and straight through. Go to the Dynomax website and they have some sound files from a few cars. Not a Vette though.
Graham

Hmmmm what kind?
I have seen the straight eliminators so my exhaust would be, in a sense, straight pipe. I think that may be a wee too loud.

I have alos seen the ones from Corvette Central that have four glasspacks right at the tips.......couold these be the ones you speak of?

Geeze

I need to check my spelling next time
;stupid

KBD Targas

I just put a set of KBD targa mufflers on my 84 and they sound awesome. Personally I think they look great to. I was afraid they were going to be too loud but they are fairly mellow. $150 from ecklers.

Hmm I was looking at those targas....I might give em a try.

Cheeep to;)

BTW

Were those the Chrome tip or the Stainless:confused

and if so, are the glasspacked?

$150 = Chrome Tips Duhhh

Ill give em a shot!

Ahh yes...the other question. How is the interior res on those?

mufflers

I notices no difference between the interior noise of these and the turbo mufflers that were previously installed. The nice thing about them is that they are actually pretty quiet until you hit the gas and the car just wakes up.

They are glass packed.

Sweeeeeet

I got em coming to my house as I speak!
Thanks everyone for the input!:beer

Dynomax turbos

I have installed the Dynomax super turbos on my 96 LT 1, the sound is still somewhat mild at idle, and just a little louder than stock at WOT, a very small noticable change in performance, but all in all I wish I had installed the Borla Cat backs system. Hope this helps you out!

Wookiebear

PS: Keep the wave alive

Thanks wookiebear. That helps me anyway. I wasn't sure if the Super Turbos would be loud or not. According to Dynomax on the Vette specific ones we are talking about the middle baffle is removed. So I figured it would be loud. I only expect about 10hp out of any of these muffler/catback changes anyway.
Graham

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom