Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Museum Update Q&A

CAC Members-----I am going home shortly. Any questions/concerns expressed during the night I will respond to tomorrow (I do not have a computer at home). My day started pretty early this morning as I was in Frankfort (our capital) for a breakfast with the new Secretary of Tourism at 6 am---------then a meeting with the Transportation Cabinet-------then back to Bowling Green.

I again ask and encourage questions/concerns/comments. We are your steward and feedback is critical for us to know and exceed your expectations.

Wendell said:
I promised several months back that we would come back and chat about the NCM and any aspect anyone may have. So lay it on me. Any questions I am most willing to attempt to answer concerning the NCM and any aspect of our operation.

Let me first say that we have just completed the most successful year ever for the NCM. We realize the 50th Anniversary was a major aspect of that with over 8,000 Corvettes in town.

We still have challenges and certainly debt and debt service is at the top of the list. We have two years remaining on our first mortgage (monthly payment of $80K and 10 years with the bonds (2nd mortgage) with a monthly payment of $31K.

We invite all the members to visit us sometime in 2004. I hope you will consider the NCM for your national gathering in 2005.

Let's chat!

Wendell Strode
Wendell welcome back, I looked through a lot of archive and older threads but I am unable to find the original thread with questions that was started.. About the only thing I found that even reference's it was from this Thread I don't recall all the questions and won't even try to tax my memory to recall them.. CRS sometimes is a wonderful thing..

It's good to see someone from NCM posting. Thank you for remembering us, and the invite is always open, ;)

:w Wendell!

How nice to see you here! :)

Wendell said:
We have today found out that a C6 convertible will be here during the C5/C6 Bash. We will be posting that shortly on NCM Central.
And please let it be there on Labor Day!

Wendell,

I notice that the NCM is holding a C3 extravaganza in October. I was wondering if this event will be a repeat of Sharkfest or if it will be a purely C3 event with vendors catering to the C3 community & lectures & seminars revolving around the C3?

I was also wondering why the NCM doesn't publish an annual report at the end of each year?

Thanks for your time!

Chris

Wendell's Response

Please permit me to respond to several of the posts since I last visited.

hotmtrsports - Chris, thanks for donating to the Building Campaign. We are over $350,000 now and making slow/steady progress toward our goal of $6 million. We are working on a couple of sizable donations to the campaign.

Yoda - The main thread from several months back was mostly concerning the Labor Day Weekend Corvette Celebration of 2002. We agreed (and fairly late) for the C3 to be our featured car for that weekend and there were several CAC members upset with the treatment they and the C3 received (rightly so).

Zippy - It is great to be here and good to see you on here as well. You are a great Ambassador for the NCM and also for all Corvette enthusiasts. We appreciate all you do.

DutchJ&M - We should have a convertible here when you all come Labor Day Weekend 2004 for our 10th Anniversary Celebration. Hey we look forward to your visit to the NCM and also the B&B.

barkingowl - Chris, The C3 Extravaganza is geared toward C3 owners. As most everyone knows the previous attempt left a lot to be desired. So we wanted to do another event with the C3 as the focus. Please help us by encouraging C3 vendors to come, who are some good seminar speakers and presenters and with getting the word out to C3 owners. We hope to have registration up by March. Please provide any feedback to help finalize the Schedule of Activities and the attendance to Roc Linkov, our new Events Manager. His email address is roc@corvettemuseum.com.

Also to answer Chris concerning an Annual Report. We do that by listing in our America's Sports Car magazine that is mailed to members. In the issue that most of you should have just received, there is a listing (summary) of the 2003 major accomplishments and also of our 2004 Goals. We have avoided doing a separate publication of this as it will greatly help us manage expenses.

All - I believe that brings me up to date. Have a great weekend!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom