Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! my 1982 corvette

mr.rick

Corvette
the car starts and runs great when it wants to. The car cranks then will not start one time the next time works well.If I give it a shot of ether the car starts and runs well.

Fuel pump checked??? Loose ground wire?? Fuel fouled plugs?? Bad gas?? Time to trade up? :)

They (1982's) are already at the very top of the C3 technology, features and design food chain according to Dave McLellan himself - seems not much room for trading up unless the distinguished, last C3 Chief Program Manager was one to pull the media's leg. Wouldn't rule that out.

Check the fuel pump based on its reputation for being the achilles heel of the fuel system. It took them a year or two to dial in their very first stab at electronic fuel injection. Google it -you'll find loads of articles including seasoned recommendations to use the higher PSI fuel pump from the '85 C4. I plan to do it as a precautionary measure. And, don't let some jinky "friend" try talking you into heavily modifying or even changing out your Crossfire engine. They are phenomenal for a stock engine, growing rarer/increasing in value (more than any other C3 % value increase in 2013) as long as you take the time to understand them and keep Bubba and his little Bubba cronies at bay.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When was the last time the car was tuned?
:thumb

I was thinking the same thing. Also... since it is TBI... when were the throttle bodies cleaned last? Might be gunk built up on the IACs.

Lakeside49 said:
...And, don't let some jinky "friend" try talking you into heavily modifying or even changing out your Crossfire engine. They are phenomenal for a stock engine, growing rarer/increasing in value (more than any other C3 % value increase in 2013) as long as you take the time to understand them and keep Bubba and his little Bubba cronies at bay.
Good luck.

^ +1 to that.

Yes- CFI can be built up and beefed up... but a running car is always more fun than a car that doesn't regardless of how much power, mods, or whatever. If you can't drive it... it isn't much fun.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom