Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My 2 cents

Upon further review....Corvettes were always expensive when new. If the 65 two top roadster you wanted costs 3800 dollars back in the day and you made 12K a year (which was good money) you might be able to swing it. If you made 8K a year like most working joes, then the car was out of reach....until you found a good used one. Always been that way....I am on my 10th Corvette and never have been able or wanting to write a check for a new one. I would like to someday go in and order one up and pick it up at Bowling Green. May never happen but I can dream....

To make the car right it has to be expensive but not as bad as Ferrari or Poorchaaas....You can option a car down to a certain point of cost but then risk the chance of it not selling well when you want to move on. The Corvette people do their homework and they know by talking to us what we want and ask for in the new Vettes that we want. Todays kids will come around when they are making some money and its not all going to bail out the Government........so they may never have the money......:)

Corvette may only be a 12K to 15K a year production car for the forseeable future.....and that has to be all right. I think they are built better anyway at those production levels.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom