Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: My '69 is On the Way - Pedigree Question

Silverfox1

Corvette
1995 Red ZR-1
It's on a trailer now, due for SoCal delivery next week. A frame-off silver/red L46 coupe, but there is absolutely no paperwork for any history. Block/trans/carb/alt/ heads/ frame/ rearend 4.11/vin/glass/ all match up (dates & proper parts) & it's presented as matching #/original car.

I know I can get a dealer delivery cert from NCRS, but that's really unlikely to tell me a lot & it's too old to get the MSRP & "tank sticker"/build sheet like the Corvette Museum offers for C4s. Is there anything like a C3 database of vin#s or any other source to get info on a specific car?

Thanks for the help!:w

...I know I can get a dealer delivery cert from NCRS...

Provided the NCRS has your VIN in their records. They have a good database, but it is not 100% complete.

...but that's really unlikely to tell me a lot...

The shipping data report will list the name of the original dealer, zone codes, and the date the car was shipped from St. Louis.

...Is there anything like a C3 database of vin#s or any other source to get info on a specific car?...

No. There is a C3 Registry and you may find your car listed there by a previous owner, but the informatoin in the registry is entered by owners without any type of verified data. My 68 and my 80 are each in the registry, but without a data verification requirement, I could have shown the 68 as an L-88 and the 80 as an LG-4, neither of which is true.

Congrats on the 69.

:thumb

FYI, if it's got a 4.10 rear end then its not original, it should be a 3.70 for an L46.

Mark

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom