Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Buddy Wrecked His 70 Today

Eddie 70

Corvette
1970 Convertible LS6 and an 02 EB Z06
I know some of you may have already seen this over on CF but this morning TNBUSA and I were going to meet for breakfast. I had to stop for money and he called me, I thought he was going to tell me he was already there waiting on me. Nothing that good at all. He told me he just wrecked his vette. He is crushed and heartbroken. That car is his dream car. He worked hard on it for 4 years to get it to this point.

Here are a few pics of the car from last summer that I took before it was 100% complete.

DSC00103Small.jpg

vbpgimage.php

Here is a link to the thread his wife started this morning after we got the car back to his house and his garage.

Linky

Thats sucks. Hopefully he was ok. The pics looked great. I don't think there's a better looking car than a C3 convertible. Can't wait til I get mine in that shape.

Did he have insurance that will cover the loss? If so maybe he can find another one that someone else already did the work for him.

That sucks, but you forgot to tell us what happened, what go wrecked, what he hit. And where are the pictures of the smashed up car? The storty is no good without the details and pictures.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road. ~Author Unknown

I edited the first post to include the link to the post his wife started. Somehow I messed that up when I first posted up.

Click!

I'm sorry for your friend's loss and glad no one was hurt. Unfortunately, this goes to show the danger in street racing, which is what your friend was doing when he accepted the challange thrown down by the jerk he was trying to pass. I don't mean to imply he got what he deserved (in a similar situation I would probably have gunned it myself), but street racing is just plain dangerous.

That is just sad all around. Sad for your friend and for the lady in the Toyota.

I am glad he had it insured for 30k, it doesn't look like that much in damage so I hope they don't total it.

Not that this is what your friend did but I will file this incident away next time I am at a red light and a car pulls up next to me, its all to easy to get caught up in the excitement.

I'm glad nobody was killed.

You're friend got very lucky.

This was an accident, BUT it was an easily avoidable accident that your friend caused. HE sped up and HE lost control. He has admitted that it was his fault. Hopefully he has learned something from this.

I get challenged almost every time I stop at a red light, but I don't do anything about it. Let the other guy get the ticket.

I am sorry about your friend's car and more sorry about the woman in the Toyota. I am glad that nobody was hurt.

I haven't seen the pics yet, but that notwithstanding, it's tough. We all know the dangers. We all make our own decisions. Years ago I did pretty severe damage to my car. It was my fault. ;shrug
We do it and move on. Our cars are like the $6 Million Dollar Man. "We can rebuild him...stronger, better, faster..." It's what we do. Just too bad that it if it was destined to happen to him, that it didn't happen when the car was stock and not built up. Mine was still pretty original when I wrecked it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom