Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Cam Shaft Lobe Masters are done!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter 4cefed
  • Start date Start date
Wow!, those are the Big Pupies!!.. that will be a good candidate for the fastest/more powerfull NA 350 LT-5!!

Thanks Julio.The car to watch out for is PeteZR1, I think he'll
go faster than my MPH,and he's still na 350.Gotta love the
motor.

:Steer :D

Thanks Al
I hope mine will be as good/fast as yours.
I'll find out soon enough.

Does the lobe separation angle remain the same on your cams compared to the stock ones? Im kinda curious if those angles where changed also. I would have to guess no, because he is using the cam blanks to make your cams. And though they are stock castings the lobe sep. angles are still in there. Its just the raw lobes that look like they would mod well.

On a dual overhead cam setup you can set whatever lope seperation you want. They are not set in each cam since the exhaust and the intake lobes are not on the same bumpstick.

It will not be stock or emisions freindly. I am sure the exhaust gases will be pretty smelly.

BTW, the cams should be back at Aarons now. Shouldn't be too long before the engine gets cranked. Please all powerful, omniscient, merciful God.................................... kill "Murphy" for me. Thanks!

Here is one of BertZR1's pics
valvetrain_064.jpg

Rest are HERE

The cams are back at Aaron's and should be intalled Tuesday. I hope this is it. This camshaft saga has me drained. These cams have taken a little more than a year to produce ,from Aaron negotiating with John Lingenfelter to purchase the cam blanks, to today. I hope this is it and they work fine. I guess we will all know real soon. I will keep you posted. Maybe Joel will be able to drive his Corvette again one day. :)

I sure hope so man.... i'm with you 100%. I know one day (when we have our cars back), we'll be able to remember the agony and laugh about it!

Good luck guys - I know you're both chomping at the bit to have your cars back in the stables - but your suffering will allow lots of other lucky fellas to have their cars done quickly - you are the ground breakers!!!

Dwight

Great news on the cams guys!.. They are finished and already installed a set on a LPE 385 at LPE.. car did 609 hp!! on engine Dyno. Second highest 385 to dyno AT LPE. highest 385 was 623 hp at the motor with the 454-244 cams. Same 385 with the 445-239 cams didi 597 hp. It looks like these 450-237 are the ****!

The cams are timed and in the car. Aaron said we should here it fire up by next Thursday. My fingers are crossed.
Joel

That car is going to be dyno Tuned very, very soon. Who wants to guess at the SAE numbers it will make after all is said and done with these new Cams?

I'll go for 568 rwhp SAE!!.. Any takers?

xsmph said:
That car is going to be dyno Tuned very, very soon. Who wants to guess at the SAE numbers it will make after all is said and done with these new Cams?

I'll go for 568 rwhp SAE!!.. Any takers?

I'll take a piece of that action - I say 555 rwhp SAE - now...... Aaron, PROVE ME WRONG!!!

Seriously, I hope it is 570 rwhp - Joel and you deserve big gains for time spent!!

Dwight

We'll know soon enough, but it looks very promising. These cams did 609 FWHP on a 385 cid at LPE. These cams appear to make a bit more power than the 445/239 cams. Wayne's 415 did 560 rwhp SAE with the 445 cams. So Joel's car should land in that area, mine is a 408, so I'm hoping to land within 10 rwhp from Joel's 415...
Julio

those are awesome numbers.

put me down for 565. if you hit that, it will be all you can handle!!!

now, how about some guesses for the 408 on the bottle!!!

still keeping the dual stage DRY + Port injection setup on it aren't you??? my guess there will be 735 at the wheels. awesome.

I think Julio's 408 will make about 700 rwhp on the direct port fogger (150) shot. His torque number is what will be impressive.
He will have the fastest ZR-1 besides fastlane. I know, what about the 4 TT ZR-1s? My opinion is they don't drive them enough for any of them to count. I think they do a few passes and then they go back to LPE for 6 months and do a few more passes and back to LPE they go. No sir, they don't count. Julio's car will be driven more than all of theirs together.
Yes sirree, Julio and the fastest streetable ZR1!

Mine, I think it will be closer to 540 RWHP SAE maybe 555 STD RWHP.

I agree that it will be all I can handle on the street. Any more than that I will be spending all my time working on it instead of enjoying it.

4cefed said:
I think Julio's 408 will make about 700 rwhp on the direct port fogger (150) shot. His torque number is what will be impressive.
He will have the fastest ZR-1 besides fastlane. I know, what abotu the 4 TT ZR-1s? My opinion is they don't drive them enought for any of them to count. I think they do a few passes and then they go back to LPE for 6 months and do a few more passes and back to LPE they go. No sir, they don't count. Julio's car willbe driven more than all of theirs together.

Mine, I think it will be closer to 540 RWHP SAE maybe 555 STD RWHP.

I agree that it will be all I can handle on the street. Any more than that I will be spending all my time working on it instead of enjoying it.

This is going to be great !!!!!!!!!!!! New height's are being reached with these car's. And they are more streetable than ever . :D :D :D

Joel is too modest. Aaron is not going to be pleased with 540 rwhp out of a 415 with those cams. mind you 540 rwhp is nothing to complaint about, but he is feeling the pressure and he will deliver. I lowered the dosage of dope a bit. 150 on the direct port and 75 on the dry. Also installing a crane Timing retard control "TRC-1". It seems simple enough to hook up, and it 'should' work. Also going with a little 1 gal. fuel enrichment cell just to connect the dedicated fogger NOS pump.Right now i have it sucking fuel from the main thank, and not from a sump like it should; the rest of the set up will stay as is and work off the main tank.
Will see where it lands.... hoping for 200 rwhp boost on the jug on the dual stage, so 720-750 rwhp could be possible.. i just really want to enjoy the car.. it has been two years since I decided a 368 was what i wanted. Time to make that baby SCREAM!!!

The Motor has been reintroduced to the car. It's in! Tomorrow, he should call me with the cell phone next to the exhaust to let me hear what it sounds like. This is just too cool. Hope everything works fine and he doesn't have to go back into her for one reason or another. I take a vacation to go and pick it up and then enjoy it the rest of the week putting some more miles on her. I can't think of a better vacation to be honest with you.
Joel

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom