Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Cam Shaft Lobe Masters are done!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter 4cefed
  • Start date Start date
Thanks Guys. I think aaron did a great job on the paint. I wanted a stock looking motor. (hate the look of the siamese plenum) with a high gloss finish and NO LETTERING ON THE INTAKE! A stock LT5 is the best looking engine Chevy ever made, and I like the way our stock intake looks. So Cool.
I think it turned out great.
I leave tomorrow to go and pick it up. I am stoked to say the least. Stay tuned for details and hp numbers. I hope it pulls over 530 at the tires. I know, I know Julio it's gonna pull 575 at the tires. :)

Sure.. I wish.... you might be the one being very surprised. I talked to Aaron on Sunday, and he said Wayne was at the shop, and heard the car. it sounds just like his, and he made 570 rwhp.

There are LOT of people that are going to become True Believers of LT-5's big Cubes once you get this puppy back on the road.
I'm talking about those that are always putting down modded
LT-5 motors, and those who think the LT-5 is not all that, and the Ls-6 is the way to go....
Lots of people are going to be changing Religions if you know what I mean...
Please keep me posted.....

I just got off the phone with 4cefed and his wishes have come true. Aaron and Jim Smith dyno tuned the 415 today and the results exceeded his expectations. They limited the green engine dyno passes to 6,500rpm, and it still exceeded his goals.

Congrats go out to the crew at SGC and especially 4cefed, who has hopefully forgotten how to drive during the long wait. If I don't get to work on those nitrous plates, I'll be getting a regular view of Joel's tailights. :)

Hey guys, just got back in last night. Unloaded the car and took it out for another 50 miles of easy driving..................well most of the time anyway. The car sounds and feels like a monster. I think my neighbors all went "oh know, that thing is back!" It be very loud. Just like I like it.
We just made the one pull to 6,500 rpm (rev limit set at 7,337). I will break the motor in tonight at the street races, so stay tuned for some kill stories and killed stories. We have some good running cars in my street racing crowd, some 9 second cars, so I won't win them all but will win my share I think. Gotta go and get the drag radials mounted and get the car ready for tonight.
The boy is back! Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty my ZR-1 is free at last.
BTW, it was worth the wait. Aaron delivered what he said he would. Good job Aaron and thanks for all of the hard work (and Chris too!)
Joel

I've been around some pretty fast cars all my life, and I must say when Joel took me for a ride yesterday in his new 415 I was totally impressed ! I can't think of another normally aspirated anything that pulls that hard. From the moment he hit the pedal till he shifted we were pinned hard to the seat.
For those that have never been in a 415, your missing a real experience, the sound of the engine (not the exhaust) reving up is absolutely unique and bad to the bone.

Congrats Joel !! you defintely have the king of the mountain !

Congrats Joel. I hope you plan on racing the 415 at the drags on march 30th. There is gonna be the vette/viper/supra shootout. All the guys down here in San Antonio are looking forward to meet you and Cameron. Dave Haag 90zr1 #952 modified

Hi David, unfortunately I have plans for that weekend. It sounds like it will be a good shootout. I know Joel is planning on getting some saddle time in before he hits the track. Hope to hook up with y'all at the next shootout.

That motor looks GREAT with a high gloss finish on it.I agree with you the LT5 is one of the best looking motors ever made.My 91 ZR1 is all stock and i plan on keeping it that way.My 70 454/390,is also stock.In the near future i would like to get a 90-1 ZR1 which i would like to make a 368 or a 415 with some appearance mods,so i can beat the **** out of it.Good luck with the car....JERRY

Thanks Guys. I am plenty stoked to say the least. I must say again that Aaron delivered what he said he would.
Joel

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom