Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My CE was caught in a time warp...

lew

Corvette
96 CE 00 FRC
I was helping my brother look for a Z3 when I stumbled across a CE/LT4/Z51 that had only 7K miles on the clock. Like new, still had the clear plastic from the factory stuck on the carpets. I fell in love, took her home with me. Thought I would preserve her like her last owner, but when we are alone she talks to me. She whispers, "drive me!" So, what do you advise? Preserve her? Or drive her?

a thousand a year or so won't make any real diff....imho

know the problem well, don't want to put miles on her but really enjoy driving her..........I'm trying to keep my mileage to 2500 miles a year and that is hard to do but its kind of a compromise between me and the GS:D

Michael Malone Smith said:
know the problem well, don't want to put miles on her but really enjoy driving her..........I'm trying to keep my mileage to 2500 miles a year and that is hard to do but its kind of a compromise between me and the GS:D

My Grand Sport just turned 9,000 miles today (only drove it 1,500 miles since last November), and she'll be put away for the winter this week. It's a little early, but I can always take the '02 out for a spin if I get the urge!

Elaine

lew,
That is one heck of a of a nice CE, desirable options to boot. With the condition that you described her to be in, 7,000 miles, factory plastic still on the carpets, you have a real keeper. Just my humble opinion here, but I would lean towards keeping your Corvette a fairweather car and keep it from becoming a “commuter car”. You’d have to savor those limited jaunts, just remember to use that LT4 the way God intended it to be used!

B17Crew
:w

I'm a fan of the high mileage vette.

The high mileage represents many smiles per mile.

I feel that cars are happier when they are able to exercise, it keeps everything moving and lets the driver become attuned to their vehicle, which translates to positive energy when they are able to detect any slight changes due to their familiarity with the vehicle and thereby make repairs before they become emergencies.

Unless you plan on selling the car for a profit...drive her any way you want. You only have yourself to please!
Heidi

Drive it!

It is the only way to love a vette and keep it in great conditions.

(Don't do it if you're doing it for the profits)

I say drive her. I never got tired of the feeling I got in my stomach when I put the long skinny pedal to the carpet. :bu I put over 45k on my GS in a little over 3 years. And she only came out when it wasnt raining (6 months out of the year in my neck of the woods :))

Jason

Only you can decide, but I would ask yourself this question. If you only had a week to live, would you...

A. Leave the car untouched so that the next owner has a nice low mileage car.

B. Drive the wheels off her and enjoy her while you can.

Personally, I have no desire to leave my wife a nice low mileage Vet for her next husband to enjoy, so I'm driving mine every day and thats a 100 mile round trip to work and back.

:)

Well if you bought it as an investment to re-sell later at Hemmings for some other auction... don't drive it.

How ever cars are notorious bad investments... so sell it buy an RRSP.

My advise, drive it, take care of it... and smile. You own a really nice looking car.

-Peter
Enjoy the trip, 'cause there is no returning from the destination.

Thank you for all the nice comments. I hope you don't mind if I post a couple more pictures.

Rear quarter view didn't attach, I'll try it again.

Beautiful CE!! Although I am a little biased! Check out the link to my website in my signature for a few pics of mine!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom