Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My first Corvette - a 1996 CE

mark96

Corvette
1996 Collector Edition Coupe
Finally, at age 53, after admiring Corvettes since I was in grade school, I purchased my first. It's a 1996 Collector Edition LT1 with a red interior and 47k miles. I bought it about a month ago, and I love it more every time I drive it. I have a lot to learn about how to take care of it and work on it, but that's part of the fun.

Allow me to be the first to congradulate you on your new passion!! The CE is a beautiful automobile and the '96s were the best of the C4 breed!

Oh yah, one more thing...:welcome

Thanks for the welcome. I see you're an Instrument Engineer from Portage - I'm an Instrument Maintenance supervisor from Highland. I moved to Illinois 27 years ago to work at a nuke.

Welcome to the :CAC and congrats on your first Vette!!

:wJane Ann

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Welcome mark96; we're glad you've joined us. Also congratulations on your C-4, nothing even comes close to owning a Corvette. You will love it here the members and staff are second to none :thumb

Bill :w

Welcome to CAC!!!!!
enjoy!!!!!!

Finally, at age 53, after admiring Corvettes since I was in grade school, I purchased my first. It's a 1996 Collector Edition LT1 with a red interior and 47k miles. I bought it about a month ago, and I love it more every time I drive it. I have a lot to learn about how to take care of it and work on it, but that's part of the fun.

Welcome Mark96!!! I know what ya mean about 'love'n' it more every time ya drive it. I too just bought my first Vette 10 months ago at age 48.....congratulations on yours, sounds like you got yourself a cherry!!....taking care of them is half the fun. You will learn allot about your Vette on this site....lota good folks here that will help answer your questions...all ya have to do is ask....I've found that there's allot of guys who make it their business to be in the know when it comes to Vettes...."Save the Wave"....(always wave at fellow Vette owners no matter which generation Vette they happen to be driving-no joke-in case ya didn't know-I sure didn't) Welcome!! :beer

Welcome to the CAC Mark! If you are in the Highland area and are interested in joining a club you might want to try Looking Glass Corvette Club. I think they are in O'Fallon. Our club and them are usually at the same hotel at Eureka Springs and they are a great group of folks.

Ron
"Baldie88"

:welcome I know you'll love it here. Lots of great people and information.

Remember the :w

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Forum Mark96. :w

I like the color combination - silver / red.

Well you bet me. I just bought my first corvette and I am 60. Like you I bought a 1996 LT1 only mine has 79k on mine. Like you I have a lot to learn. good luck.

Congratulations to Mark and Ted on your first Corvettes!! Glad to have you both with us here at the Corvette Action Center! :)

Elaine

Welcome aboard to CAC....Vette ownership is the greatest. There are lots of very knowledgeable people here to help with whatever issues you want to learn about.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom