Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My New Florida License Plate is official

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Nikki just called me from the tag agency where she is getting the tag for the 69. We had an exhaustive list of personal tag ideas. It turns out #2 on the list was available. Introducing to you for the first time, my car will now be known as (at least from behind where all the mustangs and vipers will see it)

KLRSHRK

:dance :dance :dance

69MyWay said:
Geezzzzzzzzz, I hope it is obvious.......

If it isn't at first, it will be as the plate fades in the distance and they realize they are deaf from the exhaust of all that HP and blind from squinting to read the plate:L!

- Eric :w

69MyWay...Very Nice.....

I just relocated to Florida and I'm waitng on my Florida insurance cards to arrive. I'll be making the same trip to the local "tags and registration office".

My question for you is; Do they tell you right on the spot if the tag is available?

In my old state, Minnesota, you just gave them three choices and you had to wait and see what arrived in the mail.

Rick

Rick, if it's like California, you'll know immediately if you can have your choice or not. When I tried for "87 Z51", they couldn't figure out why the computer wouldn't accept it, until they realized that four digits and one alpha character combination is saved for motorcycles here. I settled for "1987 Z51". ;)

_ken :w

tangee-vette said:
69MyWay...Very Nice.....

I just relocated to Florida and I'm waitng on my Florida insurance cards to arrive. I'll be making the same trip to the local "tags and registration office".

My question for you is; Do they tell you right on the spot if the tag is available?

In my old state, Minnesota, you just gave them three choices and you had to wait and see what arrived in the mail.

Rick

The response is instant, and you can try as many combos as they have time (go on off peak hours so you don't make anybody upset).

Rick
Its not 100% but close when you tell them, they will check usually. Depends how elderly a clerk you get, LOL. I got what I wanted! 7 letters/numbers is max. BTW Welcome to the sunshine state.

Chris.... nice choice but your killing the chance of going incognito in the posse. Our speciality plates are TOO obvious.
"Officer one said killershark & the other said blackthunder, I saw them"
John

One other question.........Does Florida allow dots, dashes etc. or only letters and numbers.

Rick

Black Thunder said:
Rick

Chris.... nice choice but your killing the chance of going incognito in the posse. Our speciality plates are TOO obvious.
"Officer one said killershark & the other said blackthunder, I saw them"
John

That is if they get a glimps of the tags in the furry of black streaks, tire smoke, and fuel buring nice and rich out of the side pipes.

So are you, or aren't you going to Sharkfest? I never can remember. I need a black posse partner to cruise there with. It is perfect, because you can tie in with me around I-95, or I-75 around I-10.

Put it on the calendar.

I'm sceeeered to drive it that far. Would also need an inflight refueling schedule with my MPG. If Thunder makes it to sharkfest it will be by trailer.

Tire smoke, belching sides, streaking speed, I know nothing of these things :L

Black Thunder said:
I'm sceeeered to drive it that far. Would also need an inflight refueling schedule with my MPG. If Thunder makes it to sharkfest it will be by trailer.

Tire smoke, belching sides, streaking speed, I know nothing of these things :L

I have a trailer that I can reserve for Thunder if need be!

C'mon John, it will be a blast!

If I venture anywhere it will be Orange Park cause I have a good buddy with an awesome 69 I would very much enjoy visiting.
You know I have an enclosed race car trailer at my disposal.
Mostly waiting for KLRSHRK to get on the road!
You up to seeing Thunder in person?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom