Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My New Garage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dave L.
  • Start date Start date
BURGLAR said:
mqqn- It's going to be nice having the garage attached to the house. My present garage is detached. Whats the size of your garage? I only wish I could approach the size and granduer of JohnZ's garage. He's got the best setup I've ever seen! I'll be happy having nice big warm garage to work in all winter.

JohnZ- Actually,Lori's given me pretty much free will in this whole deal. She also was concerned the house didn't appear smaller than the garage. I did tell Lori that the only 'space' she can have in MY garage is the parking space for her car...thats IT.
Hi BURGLAR -

I have a 21X21 attached to a 19.5X35 - here is a link to pics...
http://www.angelfire.com/ill/mqqn/garage.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ill/mqqn/garage2.html

Now I am "decorating"...lol

best regards -

mqqn

Very nice job!! I'm considering using the U-Coat floor coating also. Some sort of mid-rise lift is in my future plans. My 'finance minister' said I need to wait until next year for the lift.

Dave

BURGLAR said:
Very nice job!! I'm considering using the U-Coat floor coating also. Some sort of mid-rise lift is in my future plans. My 'finance minister' said I need to wait until next year for the lift.

Dave
Hi BURGLAR - yes, you do not want to tick-off the treasurer...lol.

I have only had one spot look bad so far on the UCoatit - it is pretty durable - but I would do two coats of color- one thin, then one good heavy coat - skip the UGloss - too slippery...it is fine with just the color and the fleck IMO.

best regards-

mqqn

Thanks for the advice on the floor coating. Do you still need to use the (muriatic?) acid on the conrete before using the U-coat even though its a brand new floor?

Dave

BURGLAR said:
Thanks for the advice on the floor coating. Do you still need to use the (muriatic?) acid on the conrete before using the U-coat even though its a brand new floor?

Dave
I would say yes, if only just to make the warranty valid as Ucoatit calls for that step as part of the application process.

Key thing is mist the floor with water - if you see any spots where the water beads, then you must address that spot before you can proceed.

You must have two or three days of controlled temps, as the bonding process is chemical, not mechanical, and if you wait too long between coats, you will be required to sand and start over with color...

I see that Sherwin Williams is in the epoxy garage floor business now - and I have a whole other side of the garage with plain old concrete...I think I'll try one of the less expensive do it yourself kits this time around...

best regards -

mqqn

Congrats on the new garage !

Garage doors on and roof completed. Floor drains are in also. Reinforced concrete floor with moisture barrier next.

Dave

Dave,

Sounds like everything will be done in time for the big party when we come down August 26-29. ;LOL

Good luck with the new house and that other "small" event in your life ;).

:w
Guy

Looking good Dave. I'm jealous. Our two car garage just isn't enough with three cars and a ping pong table. I see a seperate garage door there. Can I say wife's car?

Whats this about another small event in your life?

That little garage door is for the 1 parking spot Lori gets (I've claimed the other 5) . Its just a few steps from the kitchen door so grocery unloading will be easy for her. The 'little thing' going on in September is our wedding. Yes,after 8 years of 'dating' she has finally decided to marry me. My mother has warned her repeatedly to reconsider,but she is going to marry me anyway. We are hoping for the house to be done Sept-early Oct. The house is about 4 miles from the Holiday Inn many of you are staying at in Aug.

Take care.... Dave

Good things happen to good people - congrats, Dave! We'll have to celebrate early ;LOL.

See you soon, :w
Guy

Drywall is hung and all electric is complete. The electrician said I've got more wiring in the garage then the 1st floor of the house. He put in a seperate sub panel for the garage. AC & heater units will go in soon.

Dave

Hi Burglar -

Looking great!! Since my contractor dropped the ball on my garage, I had to do the finish work myself - that was a pain...especially with the high ceiling...

Thanks for keeping us updated! It is nice to "live vicariously" through your reports...lol

I actually had one jerk on another forum post that I was just bragging and rubbing peoples noses in my garage...what a maroon.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that you already have some posters for those great white expanses of wall...

best regards -

mqqn

What a beauty BURGLAR. I was really proud of my 20' x 20' that I just sheetrocked until I saw this and read of all the other guys. Oh well, I can live a
dream thru you guys. WAY TO GO!!!:D

almost finished

My garage is almost finished. I was painting last weekend and the heat and AC are in. I'll be hanging all my light fixtures and finish painting the cieling in the next several weeks. We hope to move-in in about a month.

Dave

Moved?

Ok Dave what did you do, up and move? That can't be the same place I was at!

Ron

Hi Ron- We built a new house behind Armitage Golf Course off Orrs Bridge Road.

Dave

I Remember...........

Three or four years ago driving down Rt.11 outside Carlisle seeing this guy in a C3 weaving in & out of traffic trying to get up next to me. When he finally did, he shouts over, "Hey! You must be Rowdy from CAC, I'm Burglar!". We met later that day and the next at the fairgrounds with a bunch of others. It's been an amazing journey to meet the folks from CAC and share their dreams and our common love for the Corvette. Since then I've met SO MANY more great people from CAC and create so many memories, with more to come.
It's always a pleasure to see one's pride and joy goe from dream to reality and to be able to share it with them as so many of us like to do here in CAC.
My congrats to you & Lori on the new house, playpen and the wedding. "Hope " to see you in Carlisle in a couple days, I'm going to do my best to make it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom