Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Obligitory Monthly Firing:

Don't know if there was water in there. It ran GREAT on the racing fuel as long as it didn't sit. -John

The snow/ice has left us. I was feeling antsy on Saturday. The weather was sunny and 40's. I took a 60 mile run to Stoud's auto in Reading, Pa. It felt great to run her. I bought a couple of parts at Stoudt's. I looked around at some of the inventory. They are real nice to speak with. The parts guy(Ron) was real helpful. I burned $33.00 in gas. The c3's are fun , but thirsty. I hope the weather stays dry , I enjoy taking some winter day trips. I didn't see any Vette's on the road.

BruceBed said:
I took a 60 mile run to Stoud's auto in Reading, Pa. .... I burned $33.00 in gas. The c3's are fun , but thirsty.

What do you have in that '73??? :W My 454 would run 60 miles @ 10 mpg = 6 gallons X 4$ Gal 110 = 24$ !!!

I was wondering the same thing. Thirty bucks in gas isn't much of a drive in my '71 LT1!

101_0109.jpg

I had 1/2 a tank before I left. I put$13.00 to take it just to full. When I came back it had about a 1/4 left. I put another $20.00 to take it to full. I never leave it less than 1/2 for condensation. I was moving along with traffic the whole way. Everyone was doing 70-75mph. The car was running flawlessly. All the needles were straight up, temp was perfect. I did use the heater most of the way, you know how drafty verts get. Bye the way premium was $2.44per gallon. I have the base 350 that runs like a L 82. No smog and tuned to the max.

BruceBed said:
I had 1/2 a tank before I left. I put$13.00 to take it just to full. When I came back it had about a 1/4 left. I put another $20.00 to take it to full. I never leave it less than 1/2 for condensation. I was moving along with traffic the whole way. Everyone was doing 70-75mph. The car was running flawlessly. All the needles were straight up, temp was perfect. I did use the heater most of the way, you know how drafty verts get. Bye the way premium was $2.44per gallon. I have the base 350 that runs like a L 82. No smog and tuned to the max.

I can't imagine ever having the heat on in mine. Even if I did drive it in this weather....with the T's off! Damn, that engine gives off heat!

101_0109.jpg

JJS said:
I can't imagine ever having the heat on in mine. Even if I did drive it in this weather....with the T's off! Damn, that engine gives off heat!

101_0109.jpg
Next time I'll wear my Eagles hat.

74bigblock said:
What do you have in that '73??? :W My 454 would run 60 miles @ 10 mpg = 6 gallons X 4$ Gal 110 = 24$ !!!
$4.00 is an excellent price for that rocket fuel.
I paid $6.00 a gallon last July in MA.

I love that story! that is great :)

I so wanted to take mine out and take her for a drive for Christmas - the weather was prettty nice but at the last minute the voice of "reason" took over.
I can't wait to see all the new presents installed - i even have OEM t top covers - they fit the c3 but I am not sure what specific year they are - they don't have any padding so I have some foam stuff I am going to cut to fit
:).
I have a valve cover emblem, a kit for the AC, the relay for the blower motor ( I had no idea what that was) A new power door lock button, a new cover, chrome exhaust tips and the housing for the power seats button to replace the old cracked one. So it might be a long winter but a productive one!

Giggles

I took her out for a spin yesterday... they HWY was dry and salt free. My buddy and I cruised down to I55 (about 30 miles) at 80mph. He was in his '66. I was in the BBC. Turned around and came back. Man does she love the cold air. Gas her and shift into 2nd at 80 she just plasters you in the seat... HARD. At about 105 it's time to shift back into 3rd (about 3 seconds after the downshift)... and it's like I didn't shift. She keeps pulling just as hard... the only way to tell that she shifted is a slight change in exhaust note from the RPMs dipping slightly as they wind back up. I hit 120 a couple times without blinking. Man do I miss driving that car!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom